Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Gun

Boolit Buddy
    I EDC a S&W Model 649 (stainless) shrouded hammer j frame .357. I have big hands so hot .357's are not a problem for me. I use a Desantis pocket holster and carry in the front pocket of a pair of blue jeans. The gun disappears.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    A vote for the S&W 329 Nite Guard! Lol with the 2” barrel my titanium 44 mag does fit in my pocket believe it or not. I took it to the range today and put a good 50 plus rounds through it. I started off with some 44 specials I loaded with 180 grain xtp’s and some trail boss to prime the pumps. I put six shots about 2” low and left. The six shot group measured about 2” in outside diameter at 10 yards. I then worked out to 15 yards. About the exact same placement and pattern. Then I grabbed some full power loads! After about fourth rounds I new where I needed to aim. I had a good 20 plus rounds make one big hole the size of my fist about 2” low and left again. Gotta look at the shooting wheel you guys posted to center myself.lol Even with gloves on my middle finger was raw and purple from the trigger guard beating it senseless. My whole body was quivering when I got done.lol but I was stacking em. Oh I forgot the rear sight that is attached by two screws loosened up from the recoil so that might have explained the low and left. The front screw almost was falling out before I noticed and the rear was almost as loose. I degreased it when got home and loc tited them back in. I wonder if anyone makes a scope rail to replace the rear sight? There was another thread tapped in the middle with no screw in it.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 05-31-2019 at 10:53 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Ruger LCP. Personal preference over the LCP II. Slim, light, and I've never had a malfunction - never. Pocket holster and it doesn't produce a bulge / outline in a pants' pocket. I don't use an off-duty anymore, don't / won't stop any more bank robberies, etc. I just want a "get off me gun" and this one does it for me. Should circumstance dictate otherwise, I'd start at 9mm / .38 as a minimum and work up quickly from there.

LCP for slacks, S&W 642 for jeans. Love both.

Quote Originally Posted by thraxx View Post
    I've got a NAA Black Widow (.22 mag) that I put in my pocket on occasion. It's accurate and fun to shoot.
    In 4 full pages of this thread you are the first one to mention a real pocket pistol. The rest of you guys must have big pockets!

I went one step farther and made a Pug out of my Mini Master. Also 22 mag.

This gun in the holster weighs about 8 oz loaded, and it doesn't print no matter which pocket you put it in.

It is a true Pocket Pistol.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Don't necessarily need to have big pockets but they do help. Furthermore, some of us don't have to worry about printing. It's not a law in gun friendly states like Arkansas.

Winelover

My LCP in a pocket holster fits behind my iPhone in the front pocket of my khakis or slacks.

I’ll take my original Colt Cobra stubby.

Boolit Master

OK went out window shopping I think I'm going to get the S&W 642 this https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-642 but before I do
    will it hold up to shooting 500 or more rounds a year or will it be like a BIC lighter
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    It says it is rated for continuous +P use so I'd just shoot it a lot.

It will hold up if you shoot real light .38 spec. loads in it. If you shoot heavier loads it won't.

That gun is an Airweight. It is not designed to be fired alot. It is designed to be "carried alot."

And here I thought I had you sold on a NAA Pug? Which you could easily shoot 500 rounds a month thru.(Designed by the Freedom Arms guys) It would also take you about a month to reload it 100 times. Not the fastest set up, but perfectly reliable.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

I’ve got a couple of thousand rounds through my 642. All cast and the cast majority were +P. It doesn’t seem any worse for wear. Either I got lucky or they’re stronger than they look. Carrying one will ruin carrying anything else for you. It’s just really light and handy. That being said, heavy loads do kinda hurt my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    OK went out window shopping I think I'm going to get the S&W 642 this https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-642 but before I do
    will it hold up to shooting 500 or more rounds a year or will it be like a BIC lighter
    Last edited by hendere; 06-01-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    It will hold up if you shoot real light .38 spec. loads in it. If you shoot heavier loads it won't.

That gun is an Airweight. It is not designed to be fired alot. It is designed to be "carried alot."

And here I thought I had you sold on a NAA Pug? Which you could easily shoot 500 rounds a month thru.(Designed by the Freedom Arms guys) It would also take you about a month to reload it 100 times. Not the fastest set up, but perfectly reliable.

Randy
    It looks real cool but no I did look at one but it's just not a good fit for me
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Mold
    I’m a revolver guy, S&W M&P 340. I call it my pocket rocket.��

Laugh if you want but I'd carry a Beretta 950bs .25 around if I had one. Great little POCKET pistol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I like the S&W 49/649 shrouded design because I can shoot it/them without oversize grips that add bulk to the small revolver.

I use a Tyler T-Grip adapter and lay my thumb over the top of the cylinder release.

The S&W 442/642 Centennial family can be shot the same way, with the thumb over the top of the frame.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    My idea of a pocket gun is a S&W model 36 all steel. Next up is a post war Walther PP in 32 auto or as a backup gun. Frank

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Laugh if you want but I'd carry a Beretta 950bs .25 around if I had one. Great little POCKET pistol.

I had a little Walther that I carried for a while where it wasn't legal to carry. Problem is I was afraid to shoot it. Not enough grip, so every time I fired it there were two grooves cut into the back of my hand.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    I had a little Walther that I carried for a while where it wasn't legal to carry. Problem is I was afraid to shoot it. Not enough grip, so every time I fired it there were two grooves cut into the back of my hand.
    Yep, I had a Beretta 950 in .22 short. It ruined my hand every time I shot it! Sold it!
    Luvtn

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post

I'll not laugh, I bought one in 1987 and carried it for years. It looks a little rough but is as reliable as it ever was. You just have to realize what it is and what it is for. I bought a spare 950 in '94, still in the box and never carried. the price was around $150. If I remember correctly it was function tested with two clips of ammo, cleaned and never fired again.

Now it is usually a LCP 2. I do sometimes carry a 638 but the thinner auto do carry better.

Dave

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast