Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lesson learned

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    don't know how many 1000 rounds of ammo ive had to pull down over the years due to stupidity. The I KNOW EVERYTHING syndrome. Get a new gun and just start stroking the Dillon without even testing the first couple to see if they chambered.

I found some more of that “stupid loaded” ammo the other day that I loaded years back. It was 44 mag jacketed. I saw the load data I had included with the bags. There were a few 240 grain xtp’s loaded above 24 grains. I’ll be pulling them in the next few days.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 06-02-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    My rcbs small base die came yesterday. I ran some cases through it to test. I screwed my die down another quarter inch after it was flush with my shell holder...like I always do with bottleneck cartridges. I used the some brass that I ran through my standard size die and it was still needing a good amount of force to resize. A few of the federal cases had rings around the shoulder of the case after sizing. I would assume the die is not machined smooth? I then tested the small base sized cartridges in my Lyman checker. They definitely fit nice and loose in my checker compared to the standard sized cases. The standard case sized dies do fit but there is no room for error. I would assume if I had some grit, carbon build up in the chamber, or heat, I would eventually get sticky or stuck cases with the standard sized cases.

You know, I did check the three fired test cases that were sent with my upper. They all had a good sized injector ring circle stamped into the case heads.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 06-04-2019 at 10:18 AM.