Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Shooting with Navy SEALS

Shooting with Navy SEALS

I had an amazing experience on Friday. I got the opportunity to shoot with multiple former SEALS and several active duty SEALS at an event set up by the SEAL FUTURE FOUNDATION. https://sealff.org/ They are a non profit group dedicated to helping SEALS transition from the military to civilian life.

They set up 5 different courses at a local shooting range. (The Clinton House https://www.clintonhouse.com/ )

1) Tactical Rifle
    This range allowed you to shoot AR 15s and a 308 SCAR and a 556 SCAR at targets that were at 100, 200, and 300 yards.

2) Sniper range:
    This range had targets from 500 yards out to 1,000 yards. Multiple bolt action rifles and spotting scopes.

3) 3 gun course (That included a Tannerite target!)

4) Sporting clays course

5) Pistol course.

It was a great day. I have not shot so much variety and volume in one day. I met some amazing men who were very humble about their accomplishments. If you get an opportunity to shoot with these guys, I highly recommend it.

BNE
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Master
    Once in a life time opportunity. So glad you had the chance to take part in something like this.
    Tell us more when you get back down to earth.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Now that is something i would remember for rest of my life.

Boolit Master

That is awesome. I had the pleasure of watching some of our police shoot. When they were done i asked the officer with the clip board if they were qualifying. He said no just seeing what the new guys have. They did good i think. Some pistol drills and shotgun and AR 15 they were doing.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

One of my brothers is a retired SEAL. Every time I shoot with him, I shoot with a former SEAL.

I'm always ragging him - 4 generations of family men in the Army, he went Navy.

He always has been a bit 'off'.

Boolit Grand Master

That truly would be an experience to remember.

Banned

Good for you
    And bless you for your work in helping our members

Banned
    I'm jealous! We want pictures

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bannister View Post
    Once in a life time opportunity. So glad you had the chance to take part in something like this.
    Tell us more when you get back down to earth.
    I agree....I would jump at that opportunity.....sounds like a good cause as well!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy

When I was stationed at NAB Coronado, CA, I was assigned to the Security Police Division. Shot with SEALS quite a bit as they provided two bodies for TDY to augment our Division, we used the NAS’s Range and also the BUD’s Range. Some good guys that I have had friendship with since, they rotated every six months although a few extended to a full year. Seal Team 1, UDT Teams 11 & 12 worked well with us. I was there from June 78’ until September 80’, was a good gig where I worked two 12 hour day shifts 0500-1700 & then two 12 hour night shifts 1700-0500 with a 24 hour break between and then got off for 96 hours straight. By early 80’ I had moved my family back to Bakersfield, about 4 hour drive so I would drive home my 96 hour break so I could get nearly 4 full day on a Trucking job
    Last edited by Mtnfolk75; 05-31-2019 at 05:59 PM.
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved