Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stocking up

In Remembrance

Stocking up

I had to make a run to Elk City, Ok. yesterday to pick up a new washing machine at Sears. Our old one had croaked and we have two teenagers living with us at the moment, so the wife was in a hurry. I went by a home center that sells guns, ammo, and reloading supplies for some primers. I bought them out on small rifle and pistol and large pistol at 23.90 M, just in case Obama wins and things get tight. The price will be much higher when the new order comes in. He was out of large rifle and LR magnum, so no luck there. I hated to invest that much after buying the washer, but I feel it is a good investment. My regular supplier was thirteen dollars M higher last I checked. These were CCI (pistol) and Federal (small rifle). I was afraid to price the powder for fear I would really bust the budget. DALE

Boolit Master
    i bought some supplies...last week.

6000 55 fmj/bt/c ; 1200 75 hpbt ;10k small rifle primers. just started processing 6k in 223 brass. have 22lbs of one lot of powder for the 55'sand plent of powder for the 75's.

mike in co
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Banned

I pray that terrorist backed bastreed doesn't make it. I think the sleeping conservative giant will awake and send him packing....

Banned

Have to wake the giant first.

Banned

He woke up when AL Gore was nearing a win.

Boolit Grand Master

All I can say is yep! Get it now: JUST IN CASE!
    1Shirt!

yes 20,000 primers 23lbs of powder last week clint

Moderator Emeritus

+1 on get it while ya can. None of the stuff is getting any cheaper.

Bought a case of each of the wolf primers just to put in reserve.
    Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm well stocked on rifle powder, not too bad on pistol powder, although I could use another jug and have a few Ks of primers. I'm gonna start buying a K of primers every weekend 'till I get about 15 K put aside.

me 2

I had a business trip to Nashville this week and of course had to stop by Bass Pro Shop to see if they even carried reloading supplies. I was hoping they did since I didn't have time to research stores in the area that do carry our fodder. luckly they did have a small selection of powder.
    Will someone that has one of these great stores close by tell me do they normally have good prices on powder? I picked up two poinds of unique at 10 bucks a pound cheaper than the local gun shop has it. Is this normal? I know the local guy gets beat up by the haz mat fee and must buy small qtys and pass on the cost. Their primers seemed to be a buck or so higher than local though ???
    je
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master
    I worked a lot of overtime the past two months and did some stocking up.

A second DILLON 550B so I didn't have to switch the primer system back and forth.

15,000 Large Pistol and 6,000 small pistol primers.

8 pound kegs of HP-38 and TITEGROUP and a 4 pound can of HERCO when the wife drove past GRAFS (Mexico Mo) to visit her sister. $3 to $5 per pound cheaper than I could get it locally! You can get 1,000 (or more) pistol loads per pound from any of the three choices.

My allowance is now in hock for a couple months, but I'm in pretty good shape for awhile on reloading components....just need a deal on lead or wheel weights. There's a lot to be said for the MARLIN lever guns in pistol calibers...my only big bores are the 30/30 and 45/70 Cowboy rifles AND my treasured 50/90 SHILOH SHARPS.

I don't think Mr. Obama has the "lock" the mainstream media wants to give him. ACORN has been caught with "their fingers in the cookie jar" and some of the more corrupt political machine strongholds are under scrutiny also. IF we all get out and vote...and encourage like minded friends and family...we will come out alright. EVEN IF HE WINS, he will see that a lot of everyday Americans are not in agreement with him.

In Remembrance

Bass Pro in Memphis had no reloading items when I was there last April. DALE

Super Moderator

..................Graf currently has a pretty good deal in CCI primers.

..................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

I generally stop at Graf's at least once a month, on my way to the VA Hospital there in Columbia. I get about a $37 travel allowance each time I go there. I know it is not a lot but I can generally pick up a thousand primers, or a couple pounds of powder. I am going to keep buying everything that I use and stock piling it. I am not too worried about lead supplies as I have an abandoned shooting range close buy that was in operation for nearly 30 years. I also live in the Lead Belt, so high grade ore is just laying around on the ground. Yeah, It may only yield 10% usable lead, but that is 10% more than what I would have If I didn't use it.

I am also in agreement with EDK in that there is a lot to be said for having a lever gun and a pistol that shoot the same ammo. I am missing a 44 mag to complete the collection, but I am thinking if my best friend has his way, I will have one by around Christmas time. I have killed plenty of 'yotes out to nearly 200 yards with all of my little lever guns. I am not able to buy anymore guns, so what little extra money I can scrape up has to go into components, as I am expecting, to quote from Blazing Saddles, "To give a laural and hardy welcome to our new Ni****." The only problem is this one is not as smart nor as funny as Clevon Little.

Best Wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Buddy
    HIM getting elected dosen't scare me as much as HIM getting elected and then someone shooting HIM.

You all better get stock up....you don't know what is going to happen.
    Thanks
    Ivan

Number #513

Yeah I figured it out. It would not be ALASKA……... unless it was the absolutely the toughest it could be and worst possible case scenario!

Boolit Master
    Lots of folks carting ammo out of the 1500 show here in Indy today. Some had hand carts.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Boolit Grand Master
    Dropped by Wally World this afternoon and picked up two 15 count packs of fresh buckshot.

finallyl stopped be the new Bass Pro Shop that opened just south of Tolede 2 sunday's ago....primers were $55 per thousand....I couldn't believe that
    Shotgun Luckey
    SASS #42629
    I'm not a top Cowboy Action Shooter, so I HAVE to look good doing it.

PBS has an online poll posted, asking if Sarah Palin

is qualified.
    Apparently the left wing knew about this
    in advance and are flooding the voting with NO votes.
    The poll will be reported on PBS and picked up by
    mainstream media. It can influence undecided voters
    in swing states.
    Please do two things -- takes 20 seconds.
    1) Click on link and vote YES!
    Here's the link:
    http://www.pbs.org/now/polls/poll-435.html

2) Then send this to every McCain-Palin supporter
    you know, and urge them to vote and pass it on.
    The last thing we need is PBS saying their viewers don't
    think Sarah Palin is qualified.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast