Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: good must have been smiling on me yesterday for being an honest man.

Banned

good must have been smiling on me yesterday for being an honest man.

I was building a basic AR for the son in law. Had the lower all done and ordered one of the 200 dollar complete basic uppers from psa. It came yesterday and I opened the box and knew something was wrong. there in it was a 10.5 in complete pistol upper and a complete lower build kit. Magpul grips and one of those 4 position braces and even the upgraded trigger group. Well I couldn't have lived with myself if I just took there 420 dollar package for 200 bucks so I called them and told them they sent me the wrong order. Jokingly told him that id surely keep it if they didtn want it back. He put me on hold to ask his boss how to deal with it and came back a few minutes later and said the boss told me if you want it its yours. I didn't need another 556 pistol (would have kept it in a second if it was a 300 bo) so I called the son in law and told him he could have that 300 dollar upper if he bought me the 200 dollar upper I wanted in the first place. So he saved a 100 bucks and I got a build kit for the 300 bo pistol I want to build for free! Cant beat that with a stick. THANKS PSA!

Boolit Master

You’re an honest man... and it paid off. Well done Lloyd.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Buddy
    It is never the wrong time to do the right thing.

Boolit Grand Master

Good for you honesty is the best policy, you will always sleep sound at night!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master
    Nice. You should have maybe bought a lottery ticket too.

Boolit Buddy

That is a good story.
    Now...how to the PSA rifles shoot?

You will like the bo pistol.
    Whatever!

Banned

ive built 8 now. I can get moa out of even the cheap 16 inch guns ive built. My 8.5 inch pistol does about 1.5 at a 100. 9mm is about 2 inch at 50. Ill say without reservation that the couple 400 dollar or so cheap guns I built shoot just as well as my stag or colt. Are they as good of a gun? I don't know. I don't see much difference in a 500 dollar bushmaster and a 1000 dollar stag. Might be some improvements in a couple little things but it sure doesn't justify twice the cost. Ill say this. I wouldn't be afraid to go into combat with one of my psa built guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by oconeedan View Post
    That is a good story.
    Now...how to the PSA rifles shoot?

Banned

I know ive flat fell in love with my 16 inch bo! Cheap to shoot with cast bullets and less powder then a 556 and it smacks steel with more authority. If I get the pistol done in time and I sure should, ill use it this deer season.
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    You will like the bo pistol.

Boolit Grand Master

PSA is a good company and I've bought several things from them. They got an order wrong for me once. Had something different than I ordered and more expensive but not on your scale, Lloyd. I called and asked if they wanted it back and the guy said it was their fault so keep it and sent me my original order.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I was building a basic AR for the son in law. Had the lower all done and ordered one of the 200 dollar complete basic uppers from psa. It came yesterday and I opened the box and knew something was wrong. there in it was a 10.5 in complete pistol upper and a complete lower build kit. Magpul grips and one of those 4 position braces and even the upgraded trigger group. Well I couldn't have lived with myself if I just took there 420 dollar package for 200 bucks so I called them and told them they sent me the wrong order. Jokingly told him that id surely keep it if they didtn want it back. He put me on hold to ask his boss how to deal with it and came back a few minutes later and said the boss told me if you want it its yours. I didn't need another 556 pistol (would have kept it in a second if it was a 300 bo) so I called the son in law and told him he could have that 300 dollar upper if he bought me the 200 dollar upper I wanted in the first place. So he saved a 100 bucks and I got a build kit for the 300 bo pistol I want to build for free! Cant beat that with a stick. THANKS PSA!
    I wouldn't have expected that you would have done anything any different. Having dealt with you before one would expect that you always do what is right.

Boolit Buddy

Thanks for your review. I was thinking about a 10.5 inch BO pistol, with brace, now that they can be shouldered.

Banned

ya im really trying to talk myself into a 10.5 over another 8.5. Wish I would have gone 10.5 with the 556 and then it would be an easy choice to go 8.5 with the bo.