WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: Ruger Precision Case suggestions?

Banned

Ruger Precision Case suggestions?

My wife has a Ruger Precision 308 with a scope. I am needing suggestions for a rifle case for it prior to us moving to AZ. Suggestions would be helpful along with model numbers if possible.

Moderator Emeritus

There are indeed "zillions" of brands and types of rifle cases. For travel, secure storage, and imper-viability to pretty much anything short of a direct nuclear hit -- I own and use an aluminum case made by Kalispel Industries. https://www.kalispeltribe.com/progra...el-case-line-1
    When I first received it -- primarily for transport of a Garand to/from competitions -- I thought it was a tad too over-built, and even too"pretty" for a rifle case. It has been dropped from a pick-up truck tailgate onto a paved parking lot; mis-handled for several years -- and still functions and PROTECTS like new!
    This may not be what you're seeking, but perhaps provides you a choice.... good luck!Attachment 242376
    geo

Boolit Master

Plano All Weather Tactical Gun Case, 42-Inch

Got one of these coming in today. Heard good things about it. Not a bank breaker. $66 amazon.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 762 shooter View Post

Got one of these coming in today. Heard good things about it. Not a bank breaker. $66 amazon.

You must have gotten it on sale; goes for $92 now on Amazon.

Banned

Forgot to mention the Ruger also has a by pod that was added

Banned
    Its not going to fit a 42" case. Its 42 3/4" long

My first thought before I retracted the stock and lost some length. I ordered it off Amazon and should know in 2 days if it will fit. If not I needed a case for one of my AR's anyway.
    Last edited by 6bg6ga; 05-27-2019 at 06:56 AM.

Boolit Master

I forgot I put a 24" 6.5 barrel on mine and it wouldn't fit unfolded. It will fit folded. It's not a Pelican but my Ruger doesn't know the difference. I like that it doesn't fold flat when open, lid stays at 90 degrees. Pretty heavy duty with 5 latches.

Inside dimension is 43".

Last edited by 762 shooter; 06-16-2019 at 07:05 AM.
    Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Banned

Thank you Sir!!!

Goto a Dick's, Big5 Cabela's, or Bass Pro Shop near you. They all have a wide selection of gun cases to choose from and will probably have something that will work well for you. It all depends in how much you want to spend. There are hard plastic cases that start in the $20 range, and have foam liners,,, but the good stuff is up in the $150-200 range. SKB makes nice cases

I am partial to the Pelican style of hard polymer travel cases which are sold at all of the above outlets. They can take virtually any type of abuse and not even show it.

You kind of need to go look in person as only you know what you will want to pay for. Cabela's and Bass Pro are about the best retail outlets to look at.

Hope this helps.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Goto a Dick's, Big5 Cabela's, or Bass Pro Shop near you. They all have a wide selection of gun cases to choose from and will probably have something that will work well for you. It all depends in how much you want to spend. There are hard plastic cases that start in the $20 range, and have foam liners,,, but the good stuff is up in the $150-200 range. SKB makes nice cases

I am partial to the Pelican style of hard polymer travel cases which are sold at all of the above outlets. They can take virtually any type of abuse and not even show it.

You kind of need to go look in person as only you know what you will want to pay for. Cabela's and Bass Pro are about the best retail outlets to look at.

Hope this helps.

Randy
    Never go to Dick's, they're anti-gun....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post

Hope this helps.

Randy
    Post number 8 is where I thank a fellow member. I purchased the 42" case that he had mentioned. Anyway will never walk into Dick's again or any other store that is anti gun.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by gnostic View Post
    Never go to Dick's, they're anti-gun....
    100% agree! Never Dick's again.
    Chill Wills