Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Walmart $19.97 Buck 110 folding hunter

Boolit Master

Walmart $19.97 Buck 110 folding hunter

I bought one last week. It appears to have the same blade as the current 110 folding hunter with brass and wood handle, but less than half the price. It sharpens very well, but only time will tell if it is a "real" buck. It weights less than half as much and comes with a cordura belt holster.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Buck-Kniv...SIVE/124767996

I bought one last year, after the excitement wore off, I was disappointed. With it locked open, the blade had play at the lock bar if pushed on the spine. It had a lot of play, more than my 426 with current replacement blade, so I returned it. They didn't have any others so I didn't replace it. I hope it was just that one, as I really liked the feel and balance of it.

What country are they made in now? The one I have had since 1977 has never given me any problems. Lots of miles and hard use. Sharpens up to a razor edge.

I really like mine. If they changed the blade much, they'd call it something else.

I have a Titanium handled one from the 90's.
    The closure spring/feature trashed out a few years later.

I sent it back with the specific instructions that if they couldn't fix it,
    just send it back since they didn't offer the raw/silver colored handle any more.

I didn't want another one, I wanted that one.

They fixed it. I've been living 'happily ever after' since then.

I'll sharpen it like a razor, process a deer, and it didn't need resharpening for quite awhile of daily use.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

The buck 110, and the 110lt are made in the USA.

They make another 110, slim I think is the model. It has a pocket clip and thumb studs. Not sure where it's made.

I generall carry a 110 every day, although mine is new production and not vintage. Glad of it, as the older ones with 440c blades, and then the 425 bladed versions are too hard to sharpen. The current 420hc holds up wel enough but is easy to sharpen, and I gladly make that trade off.

Boolit Master
    The one referenced to in the link is the bucklite. It has plastic handles not brass and micarta.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by CastingFool View Post
    The one referenced to in the link is the bucklite. It has plastic handles not brass and micarta.
    they discontinued the "bucklite" about a year before I lost mine. This knife in the post is sold only by WalMart.

I have a 110 that my father sent to me in VN in 1968. It is as good as new, but I do not carry it any longer. I have a 112 Bucklite that I carried every day until I bought the new one at Walmart.

I will wring it out for a couple of months and get back to you with my results.

Boolit Master

I know weight is a limiting factor. I still have the 110 my DAD gave me the day before I left for the U.S. NAVY. carried it for a lot of years. Then I had to put on a Suit for work and it didn't seem appropriate. I recently got the #110 "Slim" Hunter with belt clip. and the #112 "Slim" Ranger with belt slip.

Don't like either one, too light and too skinny. I'll stick with the 45+year old 110.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

In Remembrance

I still have 2 Buck 112`s that have had their blades replaced due to the long and sometimes hard usage. I`ve never looked back at getting these knives many years back.Robert

Boolit Buddy
    I have a new 110 but the blade is made out of S30-V steel. Also, the grip material is black G-10 with a slightly rough surface. The bolsters are a silver nickle finish. It costs about $90 but at my age I wanted to splurge and I am more influnced in pride of ownership. The blade stays very sharp and sharping is a breeze.

Daughter now carries my Buck 110. (She talked me out of it) Rosewood handle, sturdy as can be. Not a lite. Probably 30 yrs old but sharpens up razor sharp. Most people at her work are looking for one, they are very impressed with its ability to stay sharp for long periods of time. I now carry a kershaw spring assist. Good hard, steel that stays sharp also.
    Wish list. Things my daughter and I are looking for.

Ideal and Lyman HP pins
    Kimber micro 9 mags
    Star die removal tool, 430 die & TP.
    Cocking stud and ejector Stevens 15a

My Buck Model 110 was purchased in 1972. It is very difficult to sharpen, but holds an edge for a long time. Like Walks above, I stopped wearing it after I finished grad school. But it comes out of the safe from time to time.

Boolit Master

Still use a second hand 110 for my deer knife. Older gent gave it to me out of his tackle box 20 years ago in rough shape. Little love and linseed oil and she has been good every since. Little love once a year with a very fine Arkansas and strop and she will unzip my 2-4 deer a year like a hot knife through butter. My wife worked for years as a surgery tech and swears it is as sharp as a scaple.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"