Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: The Cold Blue

The Cold Blue

I went to a local theatre to watch this documentary last night with my F16 pilot son and a friend. It was worth it. Best part of the night was one of men of the 8th air force's campaign againist germany featured in the movie was in the crowd. This hero was credited with downing 8 german planes from his b17's ball turret. This gentleman, Robert Rowland, lives 10 minutes from me and i have never heard of him before last night.

On a sad note, there were empty seats and in the audience very few people under 40 years of age. Like they say, those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

BB

Banned

I need to see if it's playing around here. I've always been fascinated by the bombing campaigns over Europe in WWII. Amazing courage those guys had. If you ever get a chance to go to the 8th Air Force museum in Savannah, Georgia, it's definitely worth a half day visit.

HBO bought the American rights to this film. Last Thursday was the only showing at the cinemas. I believe it will be available on HBO in June.

BB

Thanks for the heads up, BB. I sat in a gun turret on a B17 once at a Confederate Air Force show in Breckinridge, Texas. What a neat day. I'll be watching for this on HBO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Vendor Sponsor

I want to see this too.. I usually wait until something comes available via alternate sources on the net and d/l it.

MAY I suggest the 7 part series on Netflix by Ken Burns entitled "The War" it covers all of WWII chronicling 4 American towns and a soldier from each town. This series alone is well worth the $9.99 monthly fee Netflix charges, you can cancel after you enjoy watching..
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Took my wife and my 28 yr old daughter. Was good documentary. Glad we went, 87 seat room, new reclining seat theater. Probably 60 were there. Decent turnout.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk