Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: RCBS Prochucker 5 with Hornady Case Feeder?

Boolit Master

RCBS Prochucker 5 with Hornady Case Feeder?

I upgraded from a Loadmaster to Prochucker 5 about a month ago i suppose. I’m setup for 4 calibers on it at present. I’ve already aadded the RCBS case feeder which is working fine but would like more capacity. I’ve been cogitating some variant of the Lee Case feeder on a bracket with adapter for the tubes, or Hornady’s case feeder, which would likely work with the some adapters. Anybody out there gone down this road yet?

Blessings

I am assuming you have a case feeder, as in the device that takes cases from a tube and puts them into the shell plate and what you are in need of is a tube filler?

If so all you need is a case collator. There are some that like the inexpensive manual Lee 4 tube setup with their $11 collator on top or there are a couple choices for electric ones. What calibers are you interested in?

Boolit Master

Yes, i have the case feeder option. Seems like it holds about 18 40 S&W, which isn’t too bad but not having to stop and refill manually would be nice. I already have a Lee collator from use with the LM and know its quirks, would just need to fashion a stand/bracket for it and some sort of adapter since the tube sizes between the Lee and RCBS are not the same. Got several thoughts running through the mind.

I’m loading 9x19, 9 mak, 40, 45 acp on it. Orhers i do on RCBS turret and single stage.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    I am assuming you have a case feeder, as in the device that takes cases from a tube and puts them into the shell plate and what you are in need of is a tube filler?

If so all you need is a case collator. There are some that like the inexpensive manual Lee 4 tube setup with their $11 collator on top or there are a couple choices for electric ones. What calibers are you interested in?
    Last edited by JeffG; 05-25-2019 at 12:42 AM.

Boolit Master

look into the mr bullet feeders.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG View Post
    Yes, i have the case feeder option. Seems like it holds about 18 40 S&W, which isn’t too bad but nothaving to stop and refill manually would be nice. I already have a Lee collator from use whichthe LM and know its quirks, would just need to fashion a stand/bracket for it and some sort of adapter since the tube sizes between the Lee and RCBS are not the same. Got several thoughts running through the mind.

I’m loading 9x19, 9 mak, 40, 45 acp on it. Orhers i do onTCBS turret and single stage.
    Using longer tubes would help here, whether used singly or with a Lee 4 tube setup.
    And there are several ways/hacks to make the Lee collator work better, and even a clone aftermarket collator out there that claims to be the answer to any problems with the Lee.
    Tubes I use:
    https://www.petmountain.com/product/...d-tubing-clear
    A wrap of tape around these tubes will get you a snug fit in most cases, or if they prove to be too big, a slit will allow them to be choked down to fit.
    Last edited by Kenstone; 05-24-2019 at 11:02 AM.
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

I have the ProChucker 7 and the Pro 2000. I'm feeding cases manually with a Lee inspired case shaker that does pistol and rifle with ease. This home built shaker does both pistol and rifle. The inserted plastic piece makes it work for both .223 and .308. I use this contraption to keep my Pro Chucker case feeder tubes full.

In the video you will notice how the dumping process can get one turned wrong...so it calls for vigilance during the dump, but once the brass is lying sideways in the funnel....there is zeroing turning. I eventually got smart and covered the holes with a piece of paper, dumped the brass all at once, then pulled out the paper with the funnel full of brass....problem was gone for good.

Attachment 242364Attachment 242365Attachment 242366

For pistol bullet feeding I'm currently using the Hornady Pistol Bullet Feeder, modified for simpler setup and speed.

You may not be loading rifle on yours yet, but when you do, RCBS has a great rifle bullet feeder now......just no bullet collators for them yet.....however, the Dillon collator works as if it was made for it..

Here's a couple of links to videos I made of the modded Hornady, in case you are interested:

The second one is a simplified peek on how I modded it:

Thehighroad.org has how to's on these for those interested.

I bought the Pro Chucker 5, but with the upgrade to 7 kit.....I found it cheaper to get a 7 that way at the time.....plus it gave me two powder measures, including the big one for a lb of powder.
    Last edited by GWS; 05-25-2019 at 12:02 AM.

Boolit Master

I like the idea of the pins through the bottom of the Lee tubes and collator. I think i’ll go that route and get a machinist i know to make me a little adapter for the small and large tubes. It would make it quick to drop a tube full of collated case into the case feeder. Will save some time. Thanks for the input folks.

The link below is where I buy the ridgid thinwall clear tubing. It comes in 1/16" increments where the next size telescopes onto the previous size.....I doubt you need a machinist to make conversions.....just slide the next size over it. Fits the Lee tubing just fine.

Boolit Master

Thanks.

I picked up a $1 piece of pvc and made it work. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    The link below is where I buy the ridgid thinwall clear tubing. It comes in 1/16" increments where the next size telescopes onto the previous size.....I doubt you need a machinist to make conversions.....just slide the next size over it. Fits the Lee tubing just fine.