Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: New Lyman 358329 HP mold

New Lyman 358329 HP mold

Has anyone tried the new 358329HP mold? I am interested in the cast diameter And weight
    The 3 people a man must be able to trust completely are his gunsmith his doctor & his preacher ..,his gunsmith for his short term health ,his doctor for long term health ,and his preacher incase one of the others mess up.

Boolit Master
    Are you referring to the 358439HP?I haven't found one in stock yet.

Yes , Midway had them for a short time, now they're out again
    The 3 people a man must be able to trust completely are his gunsmith his doctor & his preacher ..,his gunsmith for his short term health ,his doctor for long term health ,and his preacher incase one of the others mess up.

Boolit Buddy
    Well I sprung for the full price of one of the 358439 Lyman molds from Midway company. I got out onto the porch today and cast up about five dozen of these HP bullets. I have to say that the mold was delightful to cast with and put out really good flat lube groove bullets. Using 20:1 lead to tin alloy the diameter of these projectiles is about .357 to .358" and the weight is 157 grains. I was very favorably impressed by how well and easily this new mold cast on the first time out (one reject when I dumped a lot of sprues back into the pot). I think this bullet and alloy look like they will likely be pretty good in my .38/44 Heavy Duty revolver. I'd probably go to 16:1 alloy if I decided to load for maximum velocity in this weapon but that is to be determined with experimentation. So far I can't say anything bad about this mold.
    Last edited by Golfswithwolves; 05-28-2019 at 08:24 PM. Reason: sunspots

Boolit Master
    I just one from Graf's.I cast some bullets today with it.I got good casts as soon as the mold heated up.Weight was 156.8 grains and diameter was .360.Alloy was linotype and range scrap mix.Very nice mold.I prefer the old style HP pin over the current style with the E clip but not a big deal.