Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yippie Yippie! Yippie!

Yippie Yippie! Yippie!

After much searching, I FOUND my wayward reloading scale...

Handy as I just bought 5# of RL7 and a pound of 2400 to load and was kinda crippled without it.

Earlier I located my old grey Lyman scale and discovered that the "agate" is cracked and the hook on the hanger is bent and broke as I tried to straighten it...

Then discovered that RCBS no longer makes the 10-10 scale and people selling them on eBay seem to think they are made from solid silver...

Whew.. dodged a bullet there! Especially since there is other stuff to spend $40 to $200 on...

(an 8# keg of IMR4064 comes to mind)

Well the good thing is in the process of searching I found:
    1)2lbs of IMR4064
    2)4-1lb cans of RL7 (one a partial) and in my mind having too much RL7 is a "Self correcting problem"
    3)1lb of unique in a sealed can
    4)1# of RL22
    5)1# of IMR4831
    6) 1 partial of SR4756
    7) 1# of Bullseye
    8) 1# of Herco
    9)sixty pieces of W-W 45-70 brass
    10) 150 pieces of 1xFired FC 30-06

NO None of this stuff is for sale

And I now feel like I Raided King Tut's tomb and it's all stuff I just forgot I Had!
    When you are a little forgetful you tend to feel happy when you find your own "Buried Treasure"!
    Last edited by AllanD; 05-23-2019 at 01:48 AM.

It's amazing how things can run off and hide sometimes.

I often have to ask my tools, "How'd ya get way over here little buddy"?
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master

I was so incredibly busy when I was working that I would buy things that I would find a bargain on and put away for later. And forget about it. After I retired I started a major clean up. My closet, dresser drawers, loading room, shop, truck tool box, everything. I found all kinds of stuff that I forgot about. Brass, bullets, powder, some still in the bag from the store. Several buckets of weights under a sheet of plywood in a corner of my shop. Tons of range brass in cups, buckets, tums, ect. It was like Christmas!!! And I have misplaced stuff that took a while to relocate!

Boolit Master
    Hey this is a upside to being an old shooter
    You go looking for the old scope rings from a rifle you sold in 1982 and find 8000 primers you paid less than .01 each for and 2lbs of Unique . Life is good.
    Don’t remember why I was looking for the scope rings.

Boolit Master
    I find stuff in brown paper bags, think they are the worse. Just have to buy stuff to replace and find it later. I like going down to my big shop, searching for something, it’s like Christmas all over again.

Like my Attitude about #2 Phillips screwdrivers if you cannot reach into a drawer and grab one without looking you don't own enough of them.

BTW, I just found two cases (cardboard boxes with 5 bricks in each box (5k)!!!) of small pistol primers I had forgotten about, plus an unbroken brick of federal 215 (LRM primers) But I still cannot find my 223FL Sizer, and I had it in my hand yesterday!

I keep finding brown paper shopping bags with mixed brass in them (range pickups)...

Boolit Buddy

I found 500 30/06 brass, all LC headstamp, that I don’t remember even seeing before, let alone buying. Maybe they are reproducing, but its more likely I am just getting old.
    L.E.C.

Next year we can hide our own Easter eggs. A few perks in getting old. Gp

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    My biggest problem is putting things were i will remember and find them easy. There are things i haven't seen in years. But not to worry it will turn up two days after i buy another.

Yes, I've noticed that syndrome "if you lose it, buy another and it'll turn up"

But that can get expensive quick when you lose track of your 25-50MM Micrometer, or your dial caliper.

As a note I haven't lost my dial caliper, I broke it, but I'm sure Starrett will fix it... but they are not even going to get the chance to do so until after I've bought a NEW Mitutoyo or Brown & Sharpe, because I NEED IT NOW!

Boolit Master

Was cleaning up reloading area last year and re-found a case of 5000 CCI SP primers, that i’d gotten at a gun show for $17.50/1000. Completely forgot i’d bought it. And i thought I was low on pistol primers at the time.

Boolit Master

So far, nothing like that has happened to me although I wish i could find more 452AA that "I'd forgotten about."

EXCEPT I recently ordered a die that I already owned and forgot about. DERP!

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Taterhead, if you lived closer to SW Louisiana I’d fix ya up with some 452 AA! Got some left from trap and skeet days!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master

You KNOW that stuff has legs and will run and hide at the slightest chance
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

I also load shotgun shells but have not done so in decades (20 years), but I have my hulls stored in those
    green 17gallon civil defense cans.

I have full cans of each of the hulls I reloaded, Peters "blue magic", Federal "Gold Medal", Winchester (red) AA & Activ hulls.
    PLUS the Eight or Ten CASES of loaded shotshells (mostly 1-1/8oz Target loads) because I used to be into shooting trap.
    (until the trap club was shut down)

Anyone remember The Troy Meadows Trap Club?

If any of you find my bag with the three 1898 front Krag barrel bands/ bayonet lugs, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Boolit Master
    I recently found 2 new chain saw chains that I had set out where I could find them easily about a month ago. All I had to do was bring one more home from the store and it showed right up. At least it's something I would have to buy more of sooner or later.

Boolit Buddy
    Last time I did that (that I remember) was my looking for my Lee Universal Expander Die, searched the whole room. Rite after I ordered two new ones from Midsouth Shooters, I found it sitting in the press I'd been using it in. Must've looked right over it a dozen time looking for it
    Good Judgment comes from Experience, Experience comes from Bad Judgment !

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Budzilla 19 View Post
    Taterhead, if you lived closer to SW Louisiana I’d fix ya up with some 452 AA! Got some left from trap and skeet days!
    Oh man, and I would gladly take you up on it if I weren't domciled just a little too far NW of your location.

Banned
    It's the "reloading gods" telling to clean up more often.

I just need to quit getting distracted, finish what I've started before starting more projects.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast