Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for 35 cal. rifle boolits for my 35 Rem.

Boolit Man
    formaly Blaine, Wa. now in Los Lunas N.M.

Looking for 35 cal. rifle boolits for my 35 Rem.

I can no longer afford Sierra 35 Rem 200gr. Jwords. I want to shoot my Marlin more than I do now but 46 cents a piece is a bit steep. MBC is where I get 99% of my stuff but 158 gr. is all they have and I want something in the 200gr. range. Coated would also be nice. All I know of is Beartooth but not sure if he is still in the business. I don't want to have to wait 6 months for an order. Ever hear of the : www.castbulletshop.com ? In reading their web page, I think this is what they say: we will send you your order with invoice and then you pay..... Thanks, Jerry

Midway USA has some 190 grain flat points for 14-18 cents each. Or you could always get a mold and pot and become addicted like the rest of us.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Banned

if you look for the RCBS 35-200 in the offerings I would go with that bullet. (second from the left)

How about these? http://missouribullet.com/details.ph...5&secondary=10

MBC will even do custom sizing if you ask.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Boolit Master
    Do you need J-words, or are you asking for a cast boolit?
    For cast bullets the RCBS200, and .35XCB are hard to beat.
    Lee has cloned the RCBS200 as has other mold makers.

I have the LEE clone and it works just fine. Great boolits and not a lot of cost. I'm happy with the Lee. I also have both Sierra and Hornady J-word bullets...they also both work fine...and I'm not paying near the price for bullet you are. I pay about 30-35 cents a piece for mine when I find them on sale.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Man
    formaly Blaine, Wa. now in Los Lunas N.M.
    Thank you for the responses. Casting my own is something I would/will do but not till this fall. I have enough loaded with Jwords for now. I have discussed with Brad at MBC about his .358 rifle castings and did not come to a decision. The Remington and Hornady offerings are hit and miss and are 36 +/- cents when available. Sierras are 45 cents +. I have found 2 commercial casters doing the RCBS 35-200 and might lean that way if I do not start casting. I am sure I could talk Brad into doing the RCBS 35-200 but I would have to buy 10,000 bullets. Again thanks for your help.

Boolit Buddy
    Onegunred, I am the owner of The Cast Bullet Shop you referred to. I have the Lee flat nose 200 which is pretty close to the RCBS 200. I can say for a fact it is a good design, very accurate and I have several whitetails to its credit. I don't have my load notes handy but I think I was using 5744 at near max. I'll be glad to help any way I can. I hope I'm not violating any forum rules by responding, not my intent. The RCBS bullet is just as good.
    Tony

Just a reminder that Microgroove Marlins like their cast bullets sized .360".
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Buddy
    Blammer that is a impressive array of 35 cal boolits!!! Which one do you prefer for accuracy and which one do you prefer for hunting

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post
    if you look for the RCBS 35-200 in the offerings I would go with that bullet. (second from the left)
    I agree - super in my 35 Whelen!
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    I agree - super in my 35 Whelen!
    +1
    That's my choice as well.
    . . . and I got my recommendation for it on this august forum.

See: The Whelenizer Makeover

What is the diameter of the nose of RCBS200, forward of the full-diameter groove portion? Looks like a bore-rider. Anybody actually used it in a Microgroove Marlin?

This guy casts the RCBS-200 in lots as small as 100. I've bought from him. He's slow as molasses, sometimes 6 weeks to delivery, but he makes nice bullets.
    Last edited by uscra112; 05-24-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    The rcbs 35-200 works very well in my micro groove marlin. I am not where I can measurements,but it is not what I would consider a bore rider.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    7br aka Mark B.

On the internet, I am 6ft tall, good looking and can dance.

Boolit Master
    Just today managed to win an auction for an early 1950s Marlin 336-A waffletop in .35, and I will be ordering the Lee mold as I have had such good luck with them over the years. Look forward to working with this boolit over a dose of LVR for a hunting load.

OK, good. I have no experience with it in mine. Dad had a Lyman 358315 which I got with the rifle when he passed. He said in his notes said he'd lapped nose larger to make it work. The RCBS looks a lot alike, so I though I'd ask.

n.b. his 336 has the old, shallow Microgroove, for what that's worth. I know newer .30-30s have fewer and deeper grooves. Haven't any idea whether they also did that for the .35 barrels.
    Cognitive Dissident

Moderator Emeritus
    I really like the 358315. They shoot well in my 35 Rem with micro groove rifling. I also shoot a lot of RCBS 35-200’s also.

Boolit Master

I used that RCBS 35-200 in my Freedom Arms .357 to shoot handgun silhouette.
    Could hit 9 out of 10 chickens at 200 meters pretty consistently. A wonderful
    designed bullet.
    Denny

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by ABJ View Post
    Onegunred, I am the owner of The Cast Bullet Shop you referred to. I have the Lee flat nose 200 which is pretty close to the RCBS 200. I can say for a fact it is a good design, very accurate and I have several whitetails to its credit. I don't have my load notes handy but I think I was using 5744 at near max. I'll be glad to help any way I can. I hope I'm not violating any forum rules by responding, not my intent. The RCBS bullet is just as good.
    Tony
    It is not a problem as long as it is not an offer to sell products.

Take care,
    Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast