Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading Everything

Thread: Spanish Destroyer rear sight

Boolit Master

Spanish Destroyer rear sight

I recently got a Spanish Destroyer in 9mm Largo that's in good shape but someone removed the rear sight and installed a peep sight. I'd like to put a rear sight back on but finding an original for that carbine is tough. Any suggestions for a rear sight that might be close dimensionally?

Good luck was in same situation myself a few years ago. Looked for a couple years and couldn't find original. It had a cheap scope on a Bubbaed side mount. I traded it off and only part I have is extra mag. I used 38super cases that I thinned rims for brass. I've seen guys shoot 38acp & 38super in Destroyers & Star pistols. I wasn't afraid of pressure but it looked like it would be hard on extractors. I have Largo brass but it's military and Berdan primed. I shot cast RN 120gr 38boolits sized 358 and got decent accuracy, better than bulk 9 jackets.

Boolit Master
    I have an Astra 400 that came with twelve boxes of old Berdan primed ammo, and every one is a dud, so I pull the bullets and use Starline 9mm Largo brass with 3.2 grs Bullseye. The Destroyer is a fun gun but that peep sight will drive me nuts.

Boolit Master
    I always completely strip and clean any new-old guns that I get. I didn't do it with the Destroyer until today. The person who installed the peep sight didn't remove the original rear sight on the barrel - he (or maybe she) simply turned the sight base around so it was hidden in the stock (the base is part of a band that slides over the barrel). Now I have to turn it around and find the guts for the base.

Boolit Grand Master

I have an almost complete rear sight I took off my Destroyer. It was missing the leaf spring but I found one to grind down to fit. However, before doing that I decided to set the barrel back 1/2 thread so 38 Super cases would headspace. I put a receiver sight on it and a scope base on the barrel. If you're interested PM me.

Attachment 242241
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    When you removed the sight, how was the base attached to the barrel? Was it just fitted up the taper until it was tight? I'm letting it soak in PB Blaster, then I'll put some heat to it and tap it down the taper (instead of just turning it).