Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: 115g cast for 300 blakout

Boolit Mold

115g cast for 300 blakout

Is anyone shooting 115g cast bullets(ie Lyman 311359 mold) in 300 BO?

Boolit Master

Haven't tried them yet. I've been using the Lyman 130 Gr. plain base PC'ed with pretty good results. Makes a nice bottle necked .30 carbine replacement.

Banned

rcbs 130 spitzer gas check for this guy. I runs like a top through my 3 ars and my American. Shoots an easy 2moa at a 100 yards to boot.

Boolit Master

I started out loading for 300 BO with what I had, a Lee C309-150 RF, which shot well. I also had a Lee C309-120 R I had bought for loading in 30 M1 Carbine, and it shot well. I purchased the Lee C312-155 2R for the BO which worked well when used with liquid alox. mineral spirits. When I got into powder coating the boolits came out a bit fat to feed properly. I know I can resolve that as my PC skills have improved.

I finally purchased an NOE 309-150 3R GC which I use in the BO, 308 W and 30-06. This boolit is purdy, sleek, and looks great when PC'd. Having purchased a Harbor Freight mini chop saw for converting brass for 300 BO, I also did some other tinkering. I made a jig where I could chop off the gas check shank effectively making them plain based boolits. When ASBBPC coated they flew quite well weighing in around 140 grains.

I also did the same with the 312-155 2R boolits and considered milling the mold block tops to convert to plain base and drop the weight slightly. I'm glad I did not as I was recently gifted an 1891 Argentine Mauser in 7.65mm X 53mm. Now I am thinking of milling out the shank portion for plain bases that weigh slightly more than 155. We shall see. For now, the 300 BO with the NOE 150 gr Spitzer shoots well and looks great. I made 1000 rounds for this caliber as my Wife also has a BO and she is a shooter
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!