MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Wideners Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 9mm blow up

Banned

I am in the same camp as Lloyd. Heavy bolt and buffer and a heavier recoil spring. The spring is the only thing that I have not got yet for mine.

Lloyd, took the gun out and the new bolt is starting to do the same thing after 50 rounds. PSA want the whole gun back. Just waiting on a shipping label from them. All those marks are impact marks by looking at the new bolt. I caught it soon enough this time. But what is actually doing it is the ????? The hammer looks like brand new. No sharp edges anywhere on it. It is happening on the left side of the bolt. Right at the ramp in front of the firing pin.

Banned

are they marks possibly made from contact with the ejector? Do you have a pic of the new damage? Mine did that and I rounded the edges on the extractor and went on line and found how to adjust it. I couldn't blame psa for it though because I had a psa lower a different company upper and a different company yet bolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    I am in the same camp as Lloyd. Heavy bolt and buffer and a heavier recoil spring. The spring is the only thing that I have not got yet for mine.

Lloyd, took the gun out and the new bolt is starting to do the same thing after 50 rounds. PSA want the whole gun back. Just waiting on a shipping label from them. All those marks are impact marks by looking at the new bolt. I caught it soon enough this time. But what is actually doing it is the ????? The hammer looks like brand new. No sharp edges anywhere on it. It is happening on the left side of the bolt. Right at the ramp in front of the firing pin.

Banned

Again. What is your REAL WORLD experience with blow back guns. Did your corviar flip over, did your Remington rifle go off all by itself in the safe. Did someone smoking a cigarette a 1/2 mile away from you give you cancer? Did you have 2 glocks that blew up because they have an unsupported chamber and two more go off in the holster because they don't have a safety? Seems mine do one fine job of masking there problems. Do you have any real world advice to add here? Something you learned from actually shooting not the internet
    Quote Originally Posted by redneck1 View Post
    Eating lunch and I realized I forgot one thing in my post , if a gun is capable of firing out of battery , anything you do with recoil / buffer springs isn't fixing the problem . It may mask a few conditions
    But it won't fix any of them .
    If the hammer or striker can fall on the firing pin with the bolt out of battery that's a big problem .

Boolit Master
    I put all of my reloads in coffee cans or peanut butter jars. no confusion as to what they are. and put a piece of paper in them with load data.

Banned

Not the ejector. It rides in the cut out next to the marks.

Attachment 242803

Banned

please shoot me an pm and or post it here when psa figures out whats wrong. Looking at mine I just cant see what would case that damage. But like I said mine isn't a psa upper. But the wear must be coming from the lower rubbing somewhere.

Banned
    It would be nice if some of the posts were actually a product of personal experience instead of what someone read off the internet.

One of my uppers uses a PSA bolt, the others use a Spinta bolt. Made my own heavy 8 ounce buffers and barrels except I do have 1 AR-Stoner barrel that I recut the feed ramp on. Standard springs and no issues so far with hp, fmj/plated bullets or cast. I did have some feeding issues with a drop in magwell adapter, but ended up replacing them with dedicated lowers which seem to work much better for me.
    Last edited by Moleman-; 06-02-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    AR 9's will fire out of battery I had this happen with alum. case ammo several times due to the cases getting bent during loading then bolt cant close all the way and boom. I had it happen with 155gr. 9mm seated too long in just right carbine destroyed bolt both times . Most likely it is ammo related, thats where i would start.

Banned

Not all of them will. The new CMMG ones that use and actual bolt like a regular AR15 will not. Then there is a fellow over on ar15.com that makes direct impingement 9mm, 40, 45acp uppers. They use a regular bolt too.

Hammer follow on these will cause it too. But no one mentioned that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234