Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spreading her ashes

Super Moderator Emeritus
    praying for God's grace to carry you as you honor her wishes.

Boolit Master
    My late wife's ashes are in the backyard next to a cedar tree that she wanted me to bring home after a hunting trip..... You are not alone....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Goatwhiskers, I wish you and your wife every blessing, not just now but for all time. Let us commend her to the Mercy of God.

I was just reading on this precise subject and thought I'd offer just a thought or two. Once we are separated by this passing from those we love, our inclination will naturally be to accord them our respect for who they are and how much they mean to us. Knowing also that they are a profound gift given us by our loving God, it would be fitting to appoint them a sacred place in preparation for that day when we will be re-united, a place where they will be safe and protected from the indignities of a world which does not notice or know, or value them. A place we can be near them and find respite in prayer and reflection. Your wife's understandable sentiments about former pets and animals notwithstanding, I suspect it would meet with her approval to accord her a place in consecrated ground, a place set aside for this purpose, where her remains will not be made indistinguishable from the profane and common. Here's a quote from an article: "Our bodies, while we are alive here on earth, are temples of the Holy Spirit from the moment of our baptism. And at the end of history, when Jesus comes again, we will be resurrected and our soul and body will be reunited. Burying our remains instead of scattering them is a more apt reminder of these truths of our faith; it respects these truths better. And besides, a specific burial place also allows surviving loved ones a location where they can go and pray for those who have died." And also, "Furthermore, burial in a cemetery or another sacred place adequately corresponds to the piety and respect owed to the bodies of the faithful departed who through Baptism have become temples of the Holy Spirit and in which “as instruments and vessels the Spirit has carried out so many good works”. Just thought I'd share. . .

in Remebrance
    Well, it's done, took this to really bring it home to me after all this time. Son, daughter, grandkids, and her close friends from a career of teaching all there. Hard to grasp how many lives she touched. Kids have gone to their homes but I'll be OK, God is with me. Thanks for the prayer support. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Praying with a tear in my eye GW. May God bless you and the family.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    I am very sorry for your lost.

May God fill the loss you are feeling.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Master
    GW... I understand these losses maybe better than most. I know the emptiness and loneliness ... I know how your life is shattered... Your thoughts , memories, and Prayers will be mixed with your desire to see them again. You will move forward from there for the rest of your life.... This terrible lesson may make you a better Christian... God's Mercy for us all.... Dale

Grieving can be a long process, but in the end things will be better. I am praying for God's mercies and blessings on you and your family.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master

My condolences...may she rest well

in Remebrance
    "The depth of grief is equal to the height of the love that it replaced." I may never get over this, but then again I don't want to. C. Dickins once said "The pain of parting is as nothing compared to the joy of meeting again."
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12