Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handloaders Manual(1937) by E. Naramore online PDF file/ebook

Boolit Master

Handloaders Manual(1937) by E. Naramore online PDF file/ebook

I was doing a search & found an old book about handloading that, as far as a search here goes, only had 2 mentions in the forum per the Advanced Search function.

It is called, Handloaders Manual, and was written by Earl Naramore in circa 1936-1937. It was illustrated with "sketches" by Lt. Col. J Hatcher.

Here is the link to the PDF file:
    https://ia800205.us.archive.org/1/it...ramore1943.pdf

You can read it online like an "E-book" or you can download it like I did as well. (Look for the download link in the upper right corner of the PDF page when you open it.)

Enjoy!

------

Note: Just this morning a link I had provided in a topic a while back, was found by another member to not work anymore. I suggest that if anyone is interested in these type of books, that you take the time to download these books, as they seem, from time to time, to disappear from access without fees. While this particular link is from what I believe to be the Internet Archive, {https://archive.org/ } it should be there for some time I would hope. But, like I said, on occasion, these things do "disappear or free access is removed, & if you do not act soon, that may be the case later on. Proceed as you like. I am just letting folks know.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks, it's in my iBooks collection.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Thanks, I DL'd it, and may have it printed by Office Max.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    You are both Welcome!

I am glad there is at least some interest in this type of thing. I was wondering when I saw there were about 70 "looks" but no one had said anything about it until you two did.

Thanks for taking the time & telling me you downloaded it for future reading & reference. That made posting it worth the while.

I have been reading it a bit, but I have been pretty busy the last couple days & have not got too far into it, but I am enjoying it so far anyway. Hope you folks find it enjoyable as well!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Boolit Master

Got it downloaded and will be checking it out.

Thanks,

Gary

Boolit Grand Master
    It’s downloaded into the library of my iPad. Thanks very much. Now all I have to do is make sure Dale53 knows about it too. I know he’ll want a copy as well!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    You are both, Welcome!

I am enjoying reading it.

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Thanks for that JB. Downloaded easy. Nothing like the one you helped me out with a year ago.
    Greg

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    Thanks for that JB. Downloaded easy. Nothing like the one you helped me out with a year ago.
    Greg
    Sure Greg! You are Welcome! Glad to hear it was not a hassle for ya.

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

USMC 77, USRA 79

I got it as well... nice find JB!!!!! ... I love some of the simple illustrations and discussions..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61A43665-DA68-4555-BF14-DBD18689E64B.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	242280

Very cool read.

Marko
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Grand Master
    I got an e-mail from Dale53 this morning letting me know that he too has downloaded a copy of Naramore into his iPad... this is the first time in recent memory I have been able to send him a reference to a neat download like this. Usually it's the other way around.

I had some secondary references to Col Naramore with regard to his development of the Red Head press about the same time this book came out... he made it possible to use the old small size Lyman/Ideal dies on a bench tool even before the TruLine Jr came out if I have my dates correct. He must have done a huge amount of reloading and studying of reloading starting somewhere around 1930 or so. I'm glad to see this book come back to light since his work is so neglected when discussing reloading pioneers.

Thanks again,
    Froggie
    Last edited by Green Frog; 05-25-2019 at 09:36 AM.

There are several versions of this book, by the way.
    I've checked "it" out using inter-library loan. One from U of Penn. One from Wisconsin. The one from UP was mostly industrial and the later one from Wisconsin was more reloading oriented.
    Both great.

Boolit Buddy
    Very interesting. That’s pretty much the first old manual I’ve seen. Not counting Townsend Whelen’s “Why not load your own?” I’ve got that one somewhere.

Thanks for sharing that.

8mmFan

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dbosman View Post
    There are several versions of this book, by the way.
    I've checked "it" out using inter-library loan. One from U of Penn. One from Wisconsin. The one from UP was mostly industrial and the later one from Wisconsin was more reloading oriented.
    Both great.
    DBosman, what is “inter-library loan”, if you don’t mind? I will definitely ask at the Library the next time I’m there, but, is this something where you’re checking books out from out of state? I’ve never heard of or done that. That opens up a whole new world if it’s commonly available.

8mmFan

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 8mmFan View Post
    DBosman, what is “inter-library loan”, if you don’t mind? I will definitely ask at the Library the next time I’m there, but, is this something where you’re checking books out from out of state? I’ve never heard of or done that. That opens up a whole new world if it’s commonly available.

8mmFan
    I'll presume to answer this question if I might, as I've taken advantage of the service myself. Most, if not all libraries in the country have connections with one another by which books not in the inventory of one library can be requested for checkout from others who do. Usually, I have been able to get the odd ball book I wanted within a week or less, but I may have been lucky. If you go to a local public library, I would be somewhat surprised if you didn't have a similar experience.

Froggie

PS Did I gorget to mention, it's always been free at my library at least?

Boolit Master
    Thanks. Got it ownloaded for a rainy day read.

Boolit Buddy

Thanks for sharing. I have also downloaded it to peruse later.
    Valley Forge

Boolit Man
    How about the case cleaning chapter? Dipping your cases in solutions of potassium or sodium cyanide? I wonder how many people wanted to go through that kind of trouble? Or how many screwed up that operation?

Banned
    Looks like a great resource...thanks for sharing.

Boolit Master

This is just a side note on the Naramore book. The dust cover on my hardback copy has a picture on the front that is a copy of the picture on the Lyman Cast Bullet Manual #1. The picture of the frontiersman and wife casting and loading. I'm not in the shop and I'm hoping my memory hasn't failed me(again).

My copy is not a first edition, but a reprint from late 40's or early 50's. Still very interesting. All the old manuals have a lot of information. The Sharpe book and a book by Mattern fall in this category. Unlike the more recent load manuals, they don't focus so much on the safety aspect because of the lawyers. Although I would never recommend these old books to a beginning loader.

Great that this one is available in E-book form.
    John
    W.TN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast