WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything

Thread: Silicone coating spray on baking trays

Silicone coating spray on baking trays

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has tried using DEI Hi Temp Silicone spray to coat their baking trays for PC. The pans I have came with the toaster oven I am using and I have been using NSAF for a while. Link below:

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/par...spray-aluminum

Boolit Master
    use parchment paper instead of foil or silicon spray ...its cheap and the boolits NEVER stick onto ANYTHING.

Banned
    I thought about graphite spray but haven't been having problems with my wire baskets.

Some use a silicone bake mat that lasts basically forever.

The pans I have have dividers in them. I have used NSAF to good effect. I tried a silicone mat but the dividers created an uneven surface. I will try the spray and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Banned

Hope it does not react like paint does. You will not get any adhesion wherever the bullet touches the powder and pan. Wanna piss off a body man. Go spray some silicone in his shop.

Boolit Buddy
    You might want to dig deeper, but I believe silicone, around 450F, becomes or generates formaldehyde.

I started with the NSAF but switched to the silicon baking sheets from Amazon. Not having any problem with them. I cut them in half so I get two pans out of one sheet and I think that when I bought them there were two or three sheets.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Hope it does not react like paint does. You will not get any adhesion wherever the bullet touches the powder and pan. Wanna piss off a body man. Go spray some silicone in his shop.
    You can just drive by the shop and spray it out the car window. (or so I've heard)

Boolit Master

I just use non-stick foil. Made a heavy cardboard pattern and cut a double and fold it over.
    So far my record is 16 trays on a single sheet of foil before turning it over.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Buddy

Bought 3 silicone baking sheets from Amazon when first started powder coating, over 25,000 + boolits later as good as the day I bought them. When they get any build-up of baked on powder just use Acetone[fingernail polish remover] to wipe them clean again, and keep on using them.

Vendor Sponsor

Could not guess how many loads of bullets I have done on a single sheet of non stick aluminum foil . Has to be 25 to 30 loads.. as long as you let the bullets cool completely they just come right off. I usually take my hand and do a swipe knocking them all on their sides and pour into the keeping container
    If you try to take them off while hot you will tear the foil in places where the coating has formed a rim at bullet base
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Quote Originally Posted by daloper View Post
    I started with the NSAF but switched to the silicon baking sheets from Amazon. Not having any problem with them. I cut them in half so I get two pans out of one sheet and I think that when I bought them there were two or three sheets.
    Silicone sheets work best for me. I have a couple of different kinds. One type has a very small reinforcing web inside the other doesn't. No idea how long the mats will last but thousands of bullets coated so far and no wear apparent. Gp

Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    I thought about graphite spray but haven't been having problems with my wire baskets.
    Some use a silicone bake mat that lasts basically forever.
    Agree, I use small gage wire drawer trays, they are prefect for baking bullets. The bullets pop right off after baking.

EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master
    A simple solution that lasts, is wrap your existing oven racks with metal roof flashing, front to back. You get a flat surface and full use of the oven; multiple racks can be used increasing oven capacity. Cut the silicone mats to fit the rack. Silicon is non-stick, bullets don't tend to slide like on foil or parchment, reusable (this mat is been cooking since 2012), smooth flat surface leaves a flat base on the standing PC bullets. PC on wire leaves marks on the base of a bullet; imperfect base is an accuracy problem. Trays and baskets take up oven space and reduce oven capacity.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1501_1.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	242521Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1502_1.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	242522Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1503_1.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	242523

I finally got around to spraying my 3 trays down. I used the whole can of the Header spray, waited three days to dry completely and then threw them in the oven to cure @ 400. No peeling so far, I hope to do a test run with within the next few days and see what happens.