RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Tornado this morning

Boolit Master

Tornado this morning

Weatherman only got part of his forecast right. Was supposed to get heavy rains Saturday late night or Sunday morning. Woke up late Sunday ( have sleep apnea and don't sleep well so I crash every so often) and the front yard looked like a bomb went off. Looked out the back window and same thing. About 6-7 am definitely had a tornado with about 70 mile winds,driving rain and thunder and lightening. Went to get some bread and asked the cashier if we had a tornado come through here. Told me about 6-7 am. Lost electric for about a few hours. House is ok and so's my daughter's. Good thing they have a decent house. Folks with trailers nearby didn't fare so well. Some had lakes where their front lawns are. Wife took video on her phone and had friends send pics as well. Gonna check down by the bayou as I cut the grass and see what mother nature did to some of the trees. I'm glad Kubota sold the L3800 with the front end loader. Frank

Rats! I hope everyone is safe.

Banned
    Glad you’re safe with no flying monkeys and tin men walking around your neck of the woods.
    It’s been a while since we’ve gotten any interesting weather here on the Space Coast of Florida...boring!

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Glad everyone is safe. Things can be cleaned and replaced loved ones can't.

Tornado Alley Alumni here

Having lived in Ft. Leavenworth and Leavenworth Kansas a fair number of years, I feel your pain! Went through a fair number of tornados in my days there.
    Tornado Alley sure lives up to its name....I'll trade brutal winters here in New Hampshire, snow and below zero temps any day!
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    Glad you're safe.

They've closed schools here today for a potential bad weather day today. Forecasting flooding rains, big hail and a tornado threat.

Gotta love weather, lets you know who is REALLY in charge.
    Bob

Boolit Master
    Significant weather threats are looming over the region today and more severe weather expected weather this week. I'm a trained spotter, chased for Skywarn for a number of years. I like a good thunderstorm but days like today make me nervous.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Hope everyone stays safe. Have friends in Hutch, seems like they get it all the time.
    Whatever!

Some bad stuff going through Oklahoma today.

If ya live around there, you need to nail down the dogs, and get ready for a big blow.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Actually, I didn't think it was a tornado at first.Asked one of the cashiers at the local store. Weatherman said heavy rain and wind. Never had one so close to home. everything is ok and we're fine. Checked out the section down by the bayou, and as I figured lotta branches and tree limbs. So picked up two loads and on the burn pile. Thanks for your concerns and they are most appreciated. Frank

Boolit Master

We have received bad weather the last two nights at least I have power and internet tonight. Just a little light flooding here but across the lake their had been a tornado each night. Some have lost homes and every thing , two kids died when a tree fall across the car they were in.very sad..news
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 05-21-2019 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Small keyboard and large fingers
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Grand Master

I've gone through two tornados while back packing. Not much fun! It sure gives you more than a bit of respect for the power of Mother Nature!! I and my buddy were extremely lucky!

I offer up a prayer for any going through this REALLY bad weather!

FWIW
    Dale53