Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: lyman45 luber-sizer

Boolit Bub

lyman45 luber-sizer

i'm new at this business,and anyways the cylinder i thought was pressed in back out because of my error.as a result i stripped my lyman down to a bunch of what is its and thing a bobs.the only good thing is i've cleaned out the die housing
    and the cylinder and re installed the cylinder after adding some locktite.

some how i managed to lose the the thing that sits on top of the lube tube
    and that got me to thinking , am i throwing more good money after bad to get this 45 working again,or should i go after the lyman master kit plus if i do get the
    4500 should i get the heater , or will the press work ok without it?

ahy input will be appreciated. dan

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dukers65 View Post
    i'm new at this business,and anyways the cylinder i thought was pressed in back out because of my error.as a result i stripped my lyman down to a bunch of what is its and thing a bobs.the only good thing is i've cleaned out the die housing
    and the cylinder and re installed the cylinder after adding some locktite.

some how i managed to lose the the thing that sits on top of the lube tube
    and that got me to thinking , am i throwing more good money after bad to get this 45 working again,or should i go after the lyman master kit plus if i do get the
    4500 should i get the heater , or will the press work ok without it?

ahy input will be appreciated. dan
    I real like the 45 I have. The one thing I did to mine was to replace the pressure nut with the new one that uses o-rings instead of the brass band. Was about 8 dollars after shipping for the pressure nut and two o-rings. In my opinion the 45 is as good a sizer as you can get without stepping on up to a Star. The press will work fine without a heater if you are using 50/50 type lubes. Depending on how much of a tinkerer you are you can use harder lubes by heating the lube with solutions ranging from a blower dryer, to an iron on a plate mounted under the sizer, to custom heater made from an iron with temp control. Below is a pic of the one I made before I built the cover.

-Max

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian225 View Post
    I real like the 45 I have. The one thing I did to mine was to replace the pressure nut with the new one that uses o-rings instead of the brass band. Was about 8 dollars after shipping for the pressure nut and two o-rings.

-Max
    Max,

Where did you find the pressure nut you described? The brass collar is my only gripe with the 2 45s I have.
    Thanks,

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Buddy
    On Lymans Website. It's under replacement parts for the 450 in the casting section. The 45/450/4500 all use the same pressure nut and screw.

you can browse from Lymans website or this http://www.lymanproducts.com/store/page151.html will take you straight to the parts list. You'll need a pressure nut and two o-rings for each of your 45's.

It's 14.00 after shipping for enough to do two sizers.

Boolit Grand Master

When I bought my 2 nuts they came with O rings installed. That was only 2 years ago...

Boolit Buddy
    Might be best to call Lyman and ask if the nut comes with O-rings then.

I did the same to my 45 works great with the newer pressure nut worht the $8-$10 all day
    Ill be as nice as you let me and as mean as you make me, your Choice

Boolit Master

Thanks Maximilian225. I got them ordered and the 45s will be up to snuff again.
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.