RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Rendezvous ready!

Banned

Rendezvous ready!

Just cut the cedar poles yesterday on the property and debarked them the same day. Wow! When cedar is fresh, that stuff is juicy and the bark pops right off with ease! This morning I went out and thank god my dad was around. He helped me big time get this thing set up and strapped down. Once everything was stretched tight and in place, I took pictures so I remember how to do it at rendezvous in June. Now I am just gathering up the trade goods and finding blankets to spread out to display everything.

Yes, anywhere a snub was, I had to cut it and then file it smooth so it doesn't punch through the canvas. I also water proofed the 10oz canvas using linseed oil. That worked awesome! All ropes on the tarp are wrapped around small round rocks rather than modern day tarp hooks.

Bottom right corner is lighter in color due to lack of linseed oil. I applied oil once it was up and she'll set up fine within a couple days.

Boolit Grand Master
    Looks like fun

Boolit Master

they have a rendezvous in fort lupton colorado a couple times a year, your get up would fit right in.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Banned
    i havent been to that one yet. I am going to the one in raton, the santa fe trail rendezvous. Theres a lot of them going on this year so I may have at least 1 or 2 more to go to.

When the kids head off to college, I may well get my mountain man on, rondezvous included. Until time permits, I appreciate the opportunity to live vicariously.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.