Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Local fella mis-using ag spray

Boolit Master

Follow the rules, even in Washington D.C.
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercreek Farmer View Post
    I planted trees said to be resistant to all sorts of things,
    Years ago when I started I just bought what sounded good and I could not have chosen a worse lot of fruit trees for the area! Now I keep what seems to be the least affected against the worst of the diseases but it's always a running battle against the various "rots". I simply gave up on peach, nectarine, sweet cherry or about any other stone fruits, if brown rot didn't get them then black knot did and nothing I sprayed seemed to have much effect on them. Of the different varieties of apple trees it's bitter rot, black rot, cedar rust or fireblight but something gets all of them unless I follow an intensive spray program (I do only use the much safer home orchard sprays however). Some apple varieties will be completely immune to some of the blights while being suseptiable to one or more of the others, not a single one is immune or even moderately resistant to everything despite the claims made by the fruit tree sellers such as Stark Nurseries.
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

Boolit Master
    The only fruit I got left is called a Dragon fruit......its a cactus,grows like weed once it gets into a tree,and one cactus this year got 40 lbs of fruit on .........nothin affects it ,the possums started eating the fleshy leaves......strangely there are no possums any more.....dunno why.......any kind of traditional fruit is hit by fruitfly....I also had a thing called a Five corner fruit......looked good,just a watery pulp with almost no taste,anyway ,oddly enough the tree suddenly died...........but I do spray a lot of herbicide to suit the council .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12