Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning primed cases

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I have polished primed brass for ever. Never had a problem. I always resize ,
    bell , polish and prime cases and put in airtight container when ready to reload give them a polish and load. I have been doing this way since late 70's and never had a problem.

Boolit Master
    You want to get the lube off the exterior of the case? I've cleaned off loaded rounds by dumping them in a towel, spraying the pile with rubbing alcohol, making the towel into a hammock sling and running the rounds back and forth from one end to the other. The alcohol dries fast, but takes off the lube pretty well.

You could spray the towel first and then dump on and clean the pulled, primed cases. With the towel holding the solvent, I don't think any will get all the way into the cases' primers. Also, setting the cases in the hot sun afterwards (you're still in HI, right?) should evaporate off any little bit that did get in. There really shouldn't be any primer contamination this way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12