MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Hornady .270 win starter set for youngster. Credit to Casting Machine.

Boolit Master

Hornady .270 win starter set for youngster. Credit to Casting Machine.

EDIT:
    I received another set of Herter's .270 Win dies from a friend and found 2 more boxes of bullets, and have shellholders if needed so this can now help out a second member with a kid that can use them. There has been lots of brass pledged by other members as well.
    Brand new set of Hornady Fl .270 win dies and 2 boxes (200) 130 gr Hornady Interlocks. If I can find the 3rd box of interlocks before I mail it I'll throw them in.
    As per my discussion with Casting Machine after receiving a very generous PIF from him, he has allowed me to place this here rather than in the PIF section. I'd like for this to go to someone just starting loading, loading with a kid or to give to a kid. I joined this forum when I was just a kid myself and there were things i couldn't dream of getting on my own but folks helped me out along the way and now it's time to pass it on.
    Anybody got a grandkid, niece or nephew, kid down the street that just got a .270 Win that wants to load for this hunting season? Alls that I hope is that you teach them to do the same for someone one day when they're in a position to do so.
    Last edited by 429421Cowboy; 11-20-2019 at 03:22 PM.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Master
    Anybody working with a kid that could use this? I have quite a bit of brass pledged from other members to go with for the right cause as well.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

I think it's about too late in the season for me this year. My nephew will be 12 and I'll see if I can scrounge him up a youth model by next fall and give him all summer to practice. If nobody else claims them by the end of season I'll take 'em for next year. Seems no one likes the long actions anymore.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 0verkill View Post
    I think it's about too late in the season for me this year. My nephew will be 12 and I'll see if I can scrounge him up a youth model by next fall and give him all summer to practice. If nobody else claims them by the end of season I'll take 'em for next year. Seems no one likes the long actions anymore.
    No worries, I just got another set of .270 Win dies from a friend (Herter's) and found a couple more boxes of bullets. That, with the brass pledged, means I have enough to help two kids with a die set, 200 bullets, shellholder if needed, and brass to go with pledged by several other members.

Boolit Master
    I still have these and would still love to help someone out. 2 Sets of dies, shellholder, bullets from me and brass pledged from other members here for a young'un looking to load up a good deer load.