Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Scope help needed

Boolit Master

Scope help needed

My eyes are failing so new glasses are here now,but they are for distance and a second set for up close. How do you guys use a scope with glasses?? Best I could come up with is to use my distance pair to see and ID my target,then change for a better clear sight picture???kind of a problem with one ☝hand
    I'm drawing a blank on this subject
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

I wear progressive bifocals. I shoot mostly scoped handgun but recently I took my Rem. 700 22-250 with a 12X Leupold out of the safe. It had been eye piece focused to much less strong glasses and took quite a bit of screwing it out to focus to the newer glasses. Both crosshairs must be as sharp as you can make them. I mean absolutely no fuzziness and black as can be. Focusing my handgun scopes took the same kind of adjustments but to a lesser degree. These are the only glasses I have so when I shoot open sight handgun I must tip my head back a bit to bring the front site into focus.

Boolit Master

Progressive lenses, my friend. By the way Costco's vision center is way cheaper than the Doctors office for progressives. I'm sure sam's or other store would be too. Bring in your prescription and an frame and the Costco here only charged $140 for the lenses.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Wife got hers from bj's with frames for $150.

Boolit Master

Like I said my eyes are going I'm now blind in the left,doc says I can't use progressive lens,because of my 5 th stroke. Damage won't allow me to process the incoming information fast enough. My right eye is corrected to 20/15 left is just light for the most part. Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 05-17-2019 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Small keyboard and large fingers

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

just like you would with out them. just better now since i can see

by the way i would change your eye relief so all is in focus with ypur distance glasses that is what i had to do as well
    Time is not money when it is spent doing somthing one loves to do.

Boolit Master

Thanks Mic that seems to work better, I did find a scope I can see with glasses after a little eye piece adjusting. The Leupold -VX-Freedom 3-9x40mm have me more than enough room to adjust very clear view now.
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 05-23-2019 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Small keyboard and large fingers

Quote Originally Posted by SSGOldfart View Post
    Thanks Mic that seems to work better, I did find a scope I can see with glasses after a little eye piece adjusting. The Leupold -VX-Freedom 3-9x40mm have me more than enough room to adjust very clear view now.
    thats good glad it worked out for you.
    Time is not money when it is spent doing somthing one loves to do.

Boolit Bub
    You might check around for a "eye doctor" that's a shooter. Never can tell what new technology brings to the table.