Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Henry Big Boy Steel 44 mag rifle

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    When I mentioned different loads for rifles and handguns, I was mainly thinking of burn rates. Seems to me a fast powder is needed for handgun loads, but a rifle might profit from slower powders.

Boolit Buddy
    Picked up my BB steel last year and have to say it is the most fun to shoot gun I have ever fired. Fit and finish are excellent action is excellent with only the slightest occasional hiccup with Keith LSWC feeding. My 2 pet loads for all my 41's are a mild Unique and a not quite max 2400 load for jacketed, with a few powder puff Trail Boss rounds thrown in every once in a while. Both are fantastic out of the Henry. The only recommendation I would make is to invest in a set of Skinner peep sights, the buckhorn sight setup just did not work well for my old eyes, do get the different apertures so you can select the right one for you. And they are super easy to install yourself.

Boolit Buddy

I bought my BB steel a year ago. Accuracy is good with cast or jacketed. Finish is excellent. Swc's feed 100%. Only down side for me is the scope mount. I don't like it. But, that's just me. I went back to open sights. I really, really like the rifle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12