Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxLoad Data
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Kudos to Ruger!

Kudos to Ruger!

I called Ruger today needing to replace a part on my MKII (hammer pivot pin - always been just a tad too short and tends to come out of the hole on the right side). Asked me for my name and address... No shipping. No payment for the part. I'm not even the original owner! He told me if that did not work I was to send the pistol in to Ruger.

Pretty good if you ask me.

Some years ago I had a P95 that had a mag release problem. They sent me the parts to replace the mag release and a number to call for tech support. I called and was walked through the process to remove the old mag release and install the new.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Its really nice to see a company take care of customers.

I agree. Well done, Ruger.

Boolit Buddy
    I bought a Red Hawk 44 used at a gun show, turned out it had a bent frame. My gunsmith sent it to Ruger they replaced it. Also had it mag-na-ported like the old one. Got it with stock wood grips I asked if they had the aftermarket grips that was on the old one couldn't remember if they where Hogue or Pachmayr. The tech that inspected my gun had both on his bench so they sent me both.
    Then there was the Mark II pistol that I was putting a aftermarket trigger in and managed to mess up a part that they would not send to me so I sent the pistol to them and they fixed it no charge. I sent it without grips because I have a custom set yep they sent it back with new grips on it.

I've had nothing but great things to say about Ruger's service too. I purchased a used Redhawk 44Mag back in '92. Its a 1983 model. I had a problem with light hammer strikes so I contacted Ruger. They had me send it in. They replaced all springs and pins in the revolver and sent it back to me a week later. No charge. Its worked flawlessly since then.

I also purchased a used Mark II and did something really stupid. I took it apart to clean it but couldn't figure out how to get it back together...(pre-internet and youtube days). I called Ruger again. They had me send all the parts in and they would put it back together. It was the same thing. Not only did they clean all the lead out of the barrel, they replaced all springs and pins at no charge and sent it back after about 10 days....along with a field stripping instruction booklet.

Top notch service...I own several other Rugers...and I'm proud to own them.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan