Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: new rossi 92 45lc

Boolit Mold

new rossi 92 45lc

I just picked up new in the box rossi 92 45 long colt stainless steel short model 16 inch barrel ..
    What kind of accuracy u guys getting out of theses?? And loads u are using ?

Boolit Master

Buddy uses old Standby: Lyman#454190 over 8.5gr Unique. Rests elbows on bench, hits end of soda can at 50yds.

25+yrs, still shoots as well now as it did the 1st time.

Of course it's all in the prefect Cast Bullets I provide.

But he uses a 45-210gr FP over a light Charge of 700X, not as accurate. But easier on me, not having to supply him with cast bullets for His Cowboy Shooting.
    Last edited by Walks; 05-14-2019 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Auto-correct
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Banned

Mine is older, pre-safety. I like the rifle, but it never has been real accurate. It's accurate enough for the woods deer hunting I do, and I'll use it one day when I get to it. I was just shooting it offhand this weekend with some 255 grain RF nose and a moderate charge of 700X at maybe 35 yards. Like that and not being particularly careful groups were 3-4". It would probably shoot a lot better for me if I put a peep sight on it, short sight radius and open sights aren't my preferred combination.

Mine does feed well, including semi wadcutters. In fact, haven't found a bullet nose profile yet that gave it any trouble.

Banned
    When I had my Rossi I cast the Lee 255 gr RF. I left it unsized and lubed it with BLL.

Loaded over 7.5 gr of Bullseye it was a very accurate and very pleasant load to shoot.

Steve in N CA

Boolit Master
    I've got the Rossi with the longer, hexagon barrel. 200 grain LRNFP over 8.5 grains of Unique. Very pleasant to shoot and if I miss, it is my fault. The rifle is more accurate than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by midnight060 View Post
    I just picked up new in the box rossi 92 45 long colt stainless steel short model 16 inch barrel ..
    What kind of accuracy u guys getting out of theses?? And loads u are using ?

Welcome to the board !

I've shot only factory CorBon 300gr JSP (300gr) in my 16" Rossi Big Loop Model 92, with good enough accuracy for me to take deer @ 100yds - but I mounted a peepsight that replaced the lawyer bolt-top safety.

I only benched the rifle long enough to zero it (3 shots), so I cannot speak to overall accuracy except to note that they are game, and not target, guns - so I will advise that you not to create an unreasonable expectation of accuracy for yourself.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride