MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Die thread question on CH die plate

Die thread question on CH die plate

I purchased a lot that had a ch press along with the normal die plate that fits standard dies there is a second plate.

It has a large thread that measures 1.185 inside with a Caliper and my Craftsman thread gauge says 17 does any one no what this fits?

It is a fine thread similar in size to the thread the course threaded lock and load adapter screws into

Greg

I'm not familiar With CH presses. I know on other brands they have a die adapter in them. The adapters lets you use standard 7/8 x 14 dies. unscrew the adapter and they use a 1 1/4 by 12 thread dies. These are big dies for loading big cases like the 50BMG and cartridges built off that case. there are some old cartridges that use this thread like the 577/450 Martini Henry, 577 Snider.
    I think some companies sold dies to use in a regular press to load shotgun shells, your extra piece may be for something of that sort.
    Leo

Quote Originally Posted by 44magLeo View Post
    I'm not familiar With CH presses. I know on other brands they have a die adapter in them. The adapters lets you use standard 7/8 x 14 dies. unscrew the adapter and they use a 1 1/4 by 12 thread dies. These are big dies for loading big cases like the 50BMG and cartridges built off that case. there are some old cartridges that use this thread like the 577/450 Martini Henry, 577 Snider.
    I think some companies sold dies to use in a regular press to load shotgun shells, your extra piece may be for something of that sort.
    Leo
    Thanks I had an adapter from a RCBS press this appears to be same diameter but finer threads.

I'm not sure when things like thread pitch or bolts size was standardized, so your press and extra plate may have been made before that time. If so the only dies that may work with that extra plate are CH dies from that time period.
    I'm sure someone on here has more knowledge about these older presses, they will be along and give you a better answer.
    Leo

Thanks for your input, Leo

Boolit Grand Master

A lot of swage dies are bigger dia so that extra plate may be for swaging bullets.

Moderator Emeritus
    That’s a strange thread size!