Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSA Stripped Lowers

Banned

I was referring to transfer/check all in cost $10
    Had an FFL for a couple years that did it for free
    But he closed up, so now $10
    Which I think is more than fair

Banned

Ive bought 8 of them so far and they have all been identical. Couple had those silly stampings but that was the only difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    No they are NOT the same lowers. Some are high shelf and some are low shelf. Some are drilled for the bolt with the polymer tip to use for tightening the upper and lower. And there is no rime or reason which it will be when you order them.

Boolit Master
    These are great deals, but it may not be so great if your dealer charges you upwards of $50 each to do the background checks etc for them. I cannot fault the dealers as they have to do the paperwork and save the paperwork forever and not get any money for it either.

Boolit Master

The Palmetto Armory deal showed up tonight and I placed my order for three. Shipping is still $9 each but the FFL only charges $15 total for the transaction, or at least that was what it was when I last used him.

When they finally arrive(Palmetto is not the fastest shipper on the net), I imagine they will go into the safe for now. I guess this just shows that I can't resist a deal.
    John
    W.TN

Banned

There is also a couple of different FONTS that they use. It depends on which of their factories make them on which you get.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    The Palmetto Armory deal showed up tonight and I placed my order for three. Shipping is still $9 each but the FFL only charges $15 total for the transaction, or at least that was what it was when I last used him.

When they finally arrive(Palmetto is not the fastest shipper on the net), I imagine they will go into the safe for now. I guess this just shows that I can't resist a deal.
    you have the shipping thing dead on. palmetto's shipping is so so slooooooowwwwwwww, i almost never buy from them, no matter how good a deal they are having on something.

When a lot of us were young, it took four to six weeks for something to arrive that you ordered. We are spoiled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    There is also a couple of different FONTS that they use. It depends on which of their factories make them on which you get.
    The font makes no difference to me. All the lowers that are basically the same really make no sense to me. When looking over all the stripped lowers there were some that stuck out as being too "other worldly" to me. I guess it might make sense if you are really into AR's. I'm not.
    John
    W.TN

Vendor Sponsor

I built with the exact same safe fire PSA multi lower for $39 and it's a great start. Good solid build with zero issues 300BO 10.5" pistol.

Ordered the lower kit with SBA3 and the enhanced polished trigger when it was on sale.

I used the $129 nickel boron BCG when they had it on sale for $79, Flipped the unused BCG that came with the upper for $50 which put me in the nickel boron piece for $29.

Sometimes they will bundle something with the Vortex sight, snatch that up and flip the Vortex for $100 and you get the rest of the bundle for $49 instead of $99.

More than one way to work their scheme to fit your budget.

They went out of their way to make sure my stuff got here before Florence arrived, brown truck brought the last piece as winds were kicking up, I was locked and loaded for the storm, which is exactly why I built when I did.

Edit: I got some used magpul Gen II flip up sights from fleabay for $35 and first range trip LOL dang if they weren't already sighted in @100 without touching nary a thing.
    Last edited by DougGuy; 05-17-2019 at 10:51 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    When a lot of us were young, it took four to six weeks for something to arrive that you ordered. We are spoiled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    very true, and it seems to me psa still operates that way.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    very true, and it seems to me psa still operates that way.
    I gather they deal in bulk arrivals and onesies twosies shipments, and keep staff low to reduce overhead. I don't mind waiting for the price paid!

Bulldogger

Banned

guess I don't worry about it. Ive got other guns to shoot. I can live without it for two weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    you have the shipping thing dead on. palmetto's shipping is so so slooooooowwwwwwww, i almost never buy from them, no matter how good a deal they are having on something.
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 05-20-2019 at 05:50 AM.

Banned

Agree
    Yes it is slower, but it gets there.
    Specific example
    Order 4-25-2019
    Ship 5-11-19
    11 days is about 10 days longer than many/most vendors
    But I want what they got, so 11 days is nothing to me
    For others, it will twist the panties
    I get that, and it is a fair expectation

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    Agree
    Yes it is slower, but it gets there.
    Specific example
    Order 4-25-2019
    Ship 5-11-19
    11 days is about 10 days longer than many/most vendors
    But I want what they got, so 11 days is nothing to me
    For others, it will twist the panties
    I get that, and it is a fair expectation
    only 11 days isnt bad for psa, ive had them take 3x that long.

I'd prefer to find them locally and avoid the transfer fees, around here it's at least $25 per.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Banned

psa shipping times as slow because they don't build uppers. When you order one from them they send an order to there builder, they build it and when psa gets it they ship it.
    done.Just ordered and upper about 10 minutes ago. Had a lower built and sitting in the safe for my son in law. Ive been procrastinating finishing the gun but found out yesterday hes coming to visit in 3 weeks so it was time to get it done.
    Actually the 3rd time ive built it for him. First one went to my hunting buddy for a big favor he did for me. second one went to my son in law for the MANY favors he does for me.
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 05-20-2019 at 05:50 AM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    psa shipping times as slow because they don't build uppers. When you order one from them they send an order to there builder, they build it and when psa gets it they ship it.
    done.Just ordered and upper about 10 minutes ago. Had a lower built and sitting in the safe for my son in law. Ive been procrastinating finishing the gun but found out yesterday hes coming to visit in 3 weeks so it was time to get it done.
    Actually the 3rd time ive built it for him. First one went to my hunting buddy for a big favor he did for me. second one went to my son in law for the MANY favors he does for me.
    i was just talking parts, not stuff they have to build/assemble.

Banned

maybe things are improving there. I ordered an upper on Monday and got an email yesterday that said it was shipped and should be here tommarow.

Boolit Master

I got a letter from Palmetto that my FFL's license was going to expire next month. I had to contact him to send it in. He had already received it but hadn't faxed it to Palmetto. Hopefully, he has done so now. The letter said if they didn't receive it in 30 days, the order would be cancelled.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

Got an email this morning that my order had shipped. Pretty fast considering they had to get the FFL.
    John
    W.TN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12