Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSA Stripped Lowers

Boolit Master

PSA Stripped Lowers

I keep seeing stripped lowers at low prices. Palmetto State Armory always shows several on their site with different stamping/engraving. Also at different times one or another will be on sale for a very good price. I'm guessing that these are all the same, just different stamping, ie. "Safe Fire", "Reaper", "Freedom 15 to mention a few. Does anyone know different?

I'm looking real hard at a "Today's Special" (https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...fire-1728.html). Any reason not to jump on it?
    John
    W.TN

Get several. Palmetto makes good parts and rifles. Anderson does too. I have two PSA rifles that are fully equal to the more costly SA Saint and FN15 that I also have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I got an estimate of $27 to ship 3 lowers. This still sounds like a good deal. ??
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

That shipping cost works out to $9 per lower. If I add one to the order it increases the shipping $9. I guess that allows for the low price. Still a good deal just not a flaming good deal.
    John
    W.TN

About $40 each tyd? That's still a good deal. Save a couple for the next panic; you won't lose money. These ARE the good old days in AR world.

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=Texas by God;4646034]About $40 each tyd? That's still a good deal. Save a couple for the next panic; you won't lose money. These ARE the good old days in AR world. QUOTE]

Why am I always broke in the good old days!
    Last edited by 3leggedturtle; 05-13-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Banned

Now is the time to buy AR lowers
    Agree, these are the good old days
    In November 2020 everthing may be completely different, the bad kind of different
    I tend to buy complete lowers, but any lowers, stripped or complete make sense now
    Do not get caught sleeping

Because that's how it works. I just turned down a $200 S&W 9mm Shield with FOUR mags today because I bought gun(s) last week and I have a wedding to buy this weekend

Boolit Buddy
    yes the stripped lowers are good and it's a great price at the moment.
    don't foget to get an LPK with it, an upper, barrel and stock.

or just wait for their $250 rifle kit to go on sale. everything minus a stripped lower.

Boolit Buddy

John
    All of PSA lowers are of the same quality and spec. They just run different engraving schemes at limited numbers. They will also have runs of blemished lowers from time to time. I have purchased several of there lowers and uppers but never in the blemished condition. I have friend that have purchased and love the low cost blems. From what they say most have internal machining marks or discoloration on the finish but all will have the same alloy, fit, and strength.

Banned

No they are NOT the same lowers. Some are high shelf and some are low shelf. Some are drilled for the bolt with the polymer tip to use for tightening the upper and lower. And there is no rime or reason which it will be when you order them.

Boolit Master

Well! I fooled around until it was out of stock. Guess I will have to wait for the next good deal. Don't plan on doing anything with them right now. Will just put them in the safe and wait until I decide what configuration(s) I want.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    Well! I fooled around until it was out of stock. Guess I will have to wait for the next good deal. Don't plan on doing anything with them right now. Will just put them in the safe and wait until I decide what configuration(s) I want.
    Yeah, you've got to strike quickly on PSA's specials, because they go out of stock very quickly.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

AIM Surplus generally has Anderson stripped lowers for $40. Only complaints on those was too short screw hole for grip, but that was a while ago.

Banned

They will be back, sooner, rather than later

Banned

They are back
    Surprise
    But no free shipping

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

Why is it I see no mention of the cost of the NCIS check?
    Fact: Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Banned

$10 for me
    Hard to talk about costs that vary for every FFL

Boolit Master

No cost for the so called instant check , which is always a instant delay for me , but the dealer charges 20 transfer ,so as he sells areo precision lowers for 50-59 its a better buy just buying from him , now the complete lower at palmetto has been great buys , some buy the free shipping and sometimes I pay the shipping as the special without free shipping ends up cheaper , I like psa and have bought from them and probably will again.

Academy in Ft.Worth had Savage and Ruger stripped lowers when I was in there last for around $70. My favorite AR place had Spikes for $50 out the door. The NICS check has always been free down here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast