Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which bullet sizer? LAM2, 450 or 4500?

Boolit Master

I'm not sure! It just seemed to me to be the more robust design. I do NOT use the auto-pressure feature, where the wrench handle lies between two prongs on the handle, so that it gives a crank every time one pulls the handle down. Entirely TOO MUCH PRESSURE! Manual operation is best...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    Of all your choices, I'd get the Star, no sense wasting money on Lyman/RCBS dies and then buying a STAR, there is no comparison.

I have owned a Lyman, 2 Stars but own 2 LAM2s
    Stars were great for PB pistol bullets but I like the LAMs for my rifle bullets. I PC pistol bullets and useLee push through sizers

Boolit Master
    I have 3 Stars, 2 RCBS and 2 Lyman machines and I absolutely hate it when I don't have the right Star die and I have to use the other machines, it's hours worth of torture.

Boolit Master
    Have four 450's and a LAM2, all work well but the rod and threaded cap on the LAM2 are a bit of a pain. Cannot check lube level without taking it apart and the rod is awkward at best. Fixed the rod issue by cutting slots in a cheap 1/4 drive 1/2 in deep well socket and slipping it down over the top and adding a bolt through the rod hole. A cheap 1/4 drive ratchet makes it a pleasure to use until I need to check lube level.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12