Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: PURE LEAD (roof flashing) NOTICE--Scarborough, ME

Boolit Master

PURE LEAD (roof flashing) NOTICE--Scarborough, ME

Just passing this on for anyone interested. I'm in Maine on a job right now and found 650# of lead roof flashing. Marden's in Scarborough just got it in, so they aren't entertaining offers on it yet. It is in 50# rolls for $57.25 each. Decent enough price if you want some. Too pricey for me to take it all back to NM, but I will get a couple.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Master

Remember the ads say " I should have bought it when I saw it at Marden's" Bet that won't last long May take an 1 1/2 ride over, have some lunch on the way back.

Boolit Master
    The last batch of scrap lead I bought for my fishing business was all roof flashing. Beautiful stuff that is 99% pure at least. I cringe when I think nearly all will be going to the bottom of the ocean but there is still plenty left over to make my boolit alloy. I paid one dollar a pound about three weeks ago. There is almost no dross and the sheets cut easily with a garden hedge trimmer.

Boolit Master
    The last roof flashing that I got weighed 41 lbs
    When I smelted it to make ingots I got about 3 lbs of oxide residue that I could not reduce back to elemental lead. There is a lot of oxidized surface area per pound of flashing due to the thin cross section of the raw lead.
    EDG