RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AR15 platform - Ruger or M&P or ?

Banned

heck you will become like me. Ive got three im in the middle of building right now. Your upper just saved me some work.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    yep! looks like that upper arrives at ya today, too.

as soon as i got that stag 15 orc it was like "where have i been?" with regards to ar's in general. now it's the only white powder rifle i own, the rest are all charcoal burners with barrels that get either mouth or butt fed. i totally liked the stag carbine, but soon realized i really wanted a heavy barrel rifle version for the kinda shooting i do. hence the swap out of the stag upper for the new custom upper. there is a good chance i'll want another ar15, but a lightweight carbine with red dot and BUIS, and only when i move out of this hell hole state (soon!). i'll build that one from parts. the ar is a most ingenious platform. it's just an amazing all-American firearm. love it. now i have a complete progression of American long guns - 18th century flintlock smoothbore and rifle, 19th century sharps and roller, 20th century ar15. what's next?

Banned

i will DEFINITELY be building my next one!

Boolit Master

I may be wrong but I think that they all are good.

Banned

Pretty much
    Agree, most everything is functional
    Read the thread on AR15 forum from Battlefield Las Vegas
    Their guns get shot a lot.
    870 and 500 pump actions last about two weeks, to put it in perspective
    You can get 20k plus rounds out of a $450 PSA Freedom Rifle
    Or 40k out of a Colt LE6920
    Or you could just get two Freedom Rifles for the same $$$

Banned

all the right stuff stuck on at last = range time ASAP.

Banned

that right there is the only reason to spend more then building a psa or buying a psa cost. Bring a psa gun to the dealer and automatically they think some home hack job. Bring a colt or smith to a gunshop and they think they have some kind of Jem. Want to beat them? I picked up 2 bushmaster and 2 ruger bare lowers when a gun shop was going out of business. Build them with a psa lower kit and a psa upper and not one dealer in a 100 will know its not a ruger or bushmaster and truth be told the parts for that psa build probably come from the same production line as the parts ruger, smith, dpms, oly ect uses. PSA doesn't manufacture anything. The buy parts from production companys and sell them. They don't even build uppers, lowers or complete guns. Its all contracted out. There was an article on line somewhere that said that about all the lower and mid line ar15 companys buy there bare lowers and uppers from the same place. Ruger and smith do not make lowers or uppers.
    Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    Buy a smith when they’re on sale. Not much more than a PSA put together or someone else’s generic brand. Reason being is resale should you need to sell it. Easier to sell a Colt 6920 or Smith or other. I’ve got several PSA and they’re very good. But if I had a choice for $50 more, I’d take the smith every day and twice on a Sunday.

Banned

here you go. If your a brand snob and want to impress the idiots at the range you could build yourself a fake noveske for under 500 bucks or a stag for around 400 https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...manu/1543_1030

Boolit Master
    I have the Ruger with a red dot and like it. I also have a PSA A-2 lower and upper with 18" bbl and 15" free float mlock forend and scope.. I would pick the Ruger for self defense only because it is lighter, handier and I don't need to reach out more than 300 meters. Both are in 5.56mm and either would do the job.

Banned

yes they would rick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hodges View Post
    I have the Ruger with a red dot and like it. I also have a PSA A-2 lower and upper with 18" bbl and 15" free float mlock forend and scope.. I would pick the Ruger for self defense only because it is lighter, handier and I don't need to reach out more than 300 meters. Both are in 5.56mm and either would do the job.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123