Snyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading EverythingWideners
Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: .32 wadcutter

.32 wadcutter

I am looking to get a .32 wadcutter mold for .32 long and magnum use. Anyone have a favorite?
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

I really like this one... in the RG configuration I have a full WC at 90 grains and with the deepest HP pins I have an 84 grain HP WC that will also feed in 32 ACP! It shoots very well out of a S&W 631 with H&R brass and a very small charge of Unique or 231. The part that sucks is that the only measure I have that is accurate at the tiny charges, 1.8 grains or so, is a Lee PPM. I really hate that measure! My Uniflow with small drum and 55 really do not like those charges.

With 94/3/3 this drops at .3152 with my mic.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...oducts_id=2946
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOE.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	241400

I have an arsenal dewc at 98gns. I does really good in .32hrm
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Grand Master
    To toot my own horn, I was instrumental in getting the 313492 pictured above produced by NOE, but I am not sure they have any left in stock. I own all variants of the design but prefer the all solid iteration. A good conventional type 95-98 grain wadcutter is made by RCBS and Redding if you are more interested in that configuration.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    To toot my own horn, I was instrumental in getting the 313492 pictured above produced by NOE, but I am not sure they have any left in stock. I own all variants of the design but prefer the all solid iteration. A good conventional type 95-98 grain wadcutter is made by RCBS and Redding if you are more interested in that configuration.
    That is a good little bullet... I like the solid point and the hollow point, the cup point really does not form well and has lots of bad bullets IMHO. Right after I got it and cast a few... is was drinking a few beers at the cleaning and pc'ing table, playing with a few of the new bullets and sorting a few for culls. It took 3 beers and some number of what the hell moments for me to get up and make a small number of dummy rounds for 32ACP. The small diameter nose gave me some hope. Guess what, they fed in 3 semi-autos by hand... So, the next day I put some powder behind them and they worked great! At 84 grains they are about as good as you can get for a 32ACP defensive round that will dump all of it's energy in one spot. In the CZ70 with no throat, I can jack the velocity up on these and have a choice other than deep seated RN or FMJ bullets as well. Granted, it would be easier to cast with if it was not drilled for those pins.

Boolit Grand Master
    Well, besides the cup point and HP I have a five cavity with no pins at all and it sees the most use.

A bit surprised those feed in an auto loader. The sub caliber nose allowing chambering is no surprise though. Such a blunt bullet should offer more effect than the RN in some instances...I’m thinking pest and small game shooting.

Boolit Master

I was a little surprised as well, but my thought was what the heck, they will never rim lock.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACP.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	241419

Boolit Grand Master
    Cool option for the Kel Tec

Boolit Master
    You didn't mention if you were seeking tight groups or greater "splat" when pushing wadcutters. What I have found in 32 S&W Long is the best of both worlds with the Saeco 325 semi-wadcutter design. Designed as a 95 grain casting, my alloy makes these at 98 grains. I have run several comparison tests for group size in several different revolvers, all with the same results. This one boolit pattern delivers the tightest groups of any cast boolit I have thrown, and with every revolver I have fired them through. If I had to downsize my pile of molds this is one of the few that would always remain with me.

Boolit Master

Plus 1 for the 325, it works very well.

Boolit Master
    I have the RCBS 98 gr wadcutter. Great boolit for 32 SWL and 32 H&R. But, it’s a 2 cavity and takes lots of pours to meet the hearty appetite of my 32s.

So, I bought an Accurate 31-088w in 5 cavity long block. Now I don’t have to work so hard to keep up. I have gone to running that boolit upside down and using only one lube groove, crimping in the other. This gives me a nose pour bevel base full meplat wadcutter. I really like the smack it gives the little 32s. I’m using it in 32 SWL, 32 H&R, 32-20 and 327. I haven’t done definitive testing for groups, but I’ve killed a bushel of ping pong balls at 17 yards with that boolit.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Grand Master
    I know you specifically asked about a WC, but Lyman used to make a SWC mould labeled 313445, that has a very minimal nose extension... almost a long button nose. It runs about 95-98 grains with my alloy. If I only had one bullet for 32 S&W Long, that would likely be it.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

I've got the Arsenal 98 gr DEWC. http://arsenalmolds.com/products?pro...d=77&limit=100

Awesome looking and shooting boolit.
    NRA Benefactor.