Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 300BLK Home Defense Round

IIRC, wax bullets will go through garage door, no problem. Other is powder choice, cfeblk is supposed to be flash suppressed. I can't shoot my 10" pistol with one hand and it only has 3 more rnds than my 40. Don't think an intruder is going to stick around for a gun fight.
    shotgun with light bird shot - ever see what a 20ga dove load @ 20ft will do?
    The question posted - and my answer is if it's not good for a 'carry' gun it's probably not the best for 'in house' protection as the scenario would be approx. the same. The other problem is kids around the house, with gun access. You got to figure that one out yourself.
    Last edited by popper; 05-18-2019 at 10:49 AM.
    Whatever!

Banned

its why I have a handgun in the bedstand and so does my wife. A shotgun and an AR sitting out loaded in the bedroom in case I can make it that far without shooting the handgun. A handgun in the mag rack by my recliner that I can use to fight up to the front or back door which both have shotguns in the closet by them and the front door a shotgun and an ar. Big variable would be when I determined someone was in the house. Did the wake me up coming in the front door or did they break through my bedroom door. Did they even break in or are they trespassing and my belief is that there going to attack. I don't want one perfect gun because theres no such thing. But if for some reason I was only allowed one gun to defend my house it would be a short barreled 12 gauge loaded with 00 and 4 slugs in a saddle holder and something like a burris fast fire or aim point micro on it and a flashlight. There is one flaw in my "guns everywhere" theory. what could happen is an unarmed home invader could find one and use it against me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12