Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Got some new stuff from Lathesmith and NOE!!!

Boolit Master

Got some new stuff from Lathesmith and NOE!!!

I have been using PC for awhile now, not on everything but on enough that I needed to change my tools a little and change my workflow. I am using PC on fast 22's, 30's 9mm's and 38 stuff. Some are gas checked and some are not. Sizing is something that one must change to make the process more efficient!

I have tried the Lee push thru dies and while they work they are not fast or convenient. I have been using the Lyman 450, again works well not not fast at all. The solution I think I have settle on is the NOE Star bushing adapter and the sizing bushings they make. Price for the bushings is pretty darn good and the size options are great! I have only used the Star for stuff that I do a lot of, meaning 38 caliber and 40 caliber, mainly due to the cost of the dies and required top punches if seating gas checks. I have lived for years with just a 38 top punch since I can run my 40's without a gas check using the 38 punch. But now with the NOE bushings, I have decide to get more top punches. I just got in a 22 and 30 top punch and lock nuts from Latesmith. I will have to order a 41 at some point as well.

My point... These guys do some excellent machine work and finishing and I am looking forward to picking up more from both as money allows.

Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    I have been using PC for awhile now, not on everything but on enough that I needed to change my tools a little and change my workflow. I am using PC on fast 22's, 30's 9mm's and 38 stuff. Some are gas checked and some are not. Sizing is something that one must change to make the process more efficient!

I have tried the Lee push thru dies and while they work they are not fast or convenient. I have been using the Lyman 450, again works well not not fast at all. The solution I think I have settle on is the NOE Star bushing adapter and the sizing bushings they make. Price for the bushings is pretty darn good and the size options are great! I have only used the Star for stuff that I do a lot of, meaning 38 caliber and 40 caliber, mainly due to the cost of the dies and required top punches if seating gas checks. I have lived for years with just a 38 top punch since I can run my 40's without a gas check using the 38 punch. But now with the NOE bushings, I have decide to get more top punches. I just got in a 22 and 30 top punch and lock nuts from Latesmith. I will have to order a 41 at some point as well.

My point... These guys do some excellent machine work and finishing and I am looking forward to picking up more from both as money allows.
    How does star works with spire point bullets? My guess it doesn't. I'll have to check this NOE Star adapter out.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

It does not do SP bullets nose first unless you drop in some heavy foam between bullets. The NOE may just be short enough to push each thru with the base punch. Will know this weekend.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    It does not do SP bullets nose first unless you drop in some heavy foam between bullets. The NOE may just be short enough to push each thru with the base punch. Will know this weekend.
    Top punches from Lathesmith and the NOE bushing system will push each bullet through the bushing.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Great to know, I thought they might just get it done!

Boolit Master
    Lathesmith also sells PC sizing does for the Star that he told me are shorter and lacking the Lube holes. As I understood it they just punch through and out.

Boolit Master

If I buy and actual dies from Lathesmith, they will have lube holes. I have not and likely will not ever go complete PC. I will continue to do both, besides my 16yo daughter loves to help with PC stuff and sizing with or without lube. She has been reading about casting, between school work and sports, and will start soon!