Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
Wideners Load Data
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: INTEREST THREAD - Redneck Gold ingot molds.... (round 2) :)

Boolit Master

To me their story seems to lack details, which makes it very suspicious. Hopefully I am wrong.

Boolit Buddy
    Did you get a tracking number for the last shipment? You would have been able to see the progress with it, right to the point the alleged partial destruction happened...

Sounds like they screwed up, never filed your order, and now are giving you a ******** story to hide the fact. Customs "partially" destroying a confiscated lot? What; they got tired of breaking them so just said "to hell with it, send the rest back, that's enough of a lesson!" I ordered a single computer case from China, a sub $50 purchase and i could see were the package was at all times with the tracking number.

Three good news is that if they are still talking chances are they'll eventually ship. I would make sure I get a tracking number and I would look for another mold caster.

Someone in the good old USA must be able to make them....I'm surprised you had to go to China in the first place. Knowing that they are from China...I'm canceling my order.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

As I recall he looked at many places in the US but no one was willing to do a small order. Too bad, because the second order was so much larger.The first batch of Chinese ones were excellent, and I am still hoping to get some more.

Vendor Sponsor

Springfield is correct, i had multiple US casters quote me for making the tooling and casting the parts.From the cheapest manufacturer each ingot mold would have been $65 + shipping . Far more than most anyone would have paid for any of them.

I sourced to this company based on cost, much like "many" people shop at walmart.....

If purchasing an ingot mold from china is an issue for you, and usage of the phone or computer you are using to type your message on this forum is not? Those devices were also made elsewhere..... just suggesting that we keep perspective here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I think we need to take it easy on Lakehouse. It's not like he got into this just so he could through his money away. Have any of you already paid for your ingot molds? I think most of you have had something like this happen to you in the past, even from USA manufacturers. If you have not it will in the future. We all must learn from these kinds of situations and not blame the wrong person. So, I think we need to support Lakehouse instead of tell him what he should have done. If these Redneck Gold molds are like his Cast Boolits molds they will be well worth the wait.
    "Nothing is more uncommon than common sense." Benjamin Franklin

^^^+1^^^

Boolit Master
    I am just patiently waiting.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

would not be surprised that things are a little screwed up by the trade dispute between US and China, if the company does other business for "regular" customers we may be a victim of being a "special case" where the shipping and workflow is different than normal.

Not even terribly surprised that a manager would say went out yesterday and someone further down the chain would say going out today. Who runs to tell the manager you had to postpone the shipment until tomorrow that you told him was going out today?

I have no idea about the current status of tariffs but it isn't hard to imagine a shipment running afoul of those changes either by not having the right paperwork, having unexpected taxes or duties not paid, or having the content incorrectly identified for the purpose of duties. I can also see how if a shipment got out of the normal container to truck/rail delivery pipeline the pallet could more easily sustain cargo damage.

Some being "destroyed" and the rest sent back doesn't really say if that was accidental or intentional. Having worked with people with English as second language I have heard them sometimes use a "correct" word but in a less appropriate or accurate way. In some ways the better their English skills the more likely it is that the word will "fit" but be a somewhat misleading choice. We might say "some were badly damaged and the rest sent back". Or just "they were sent back but some were badly damaged" Damaged beyond use and destroyed have the same technical meaning but native speakers would use them differently.

As for them being from China I would remind folks that trading with other parts of the world has been going on since biblical times. Starts with trading for natural resources not locally available, progresses into goods made from those resources, and eventually arrives at durable goods made more cheaply or of higher quality. The Vikings had Turkish jewelry, the Roman empire fed itself with wheat from Egypt, Colonies sent lumber and fish to Europe. Europe sent cloth and metal ware to the world. Great Britain lead the way with the industrialization of those industries there. Eventually the US supplied the majority of the worlds autos, often with machine tools made in Germany. It wasn't that Kodak didn't make camera's it was that Ziess made better ones.

We import more from China than they do from us but we also export more to other countries than we import from them. China is the most efficient source for some goods. But we buy a lot of electronics from Korea and how many scopes come from Japan? We buy oil from Mexico but sell them back more in refined fuel and lubricants. So yes if we wanted to pay wages to support an American standard of living we could be working on computers or phone all made in the US. Instead we buy from the source that is the most efficient use of our money.

I like the molds already purchased. If there was a US manufacturer that could have provided them at even a competitive price I would have been surprised if Lakehouse had not used them. But I'm buying zero at $65 while at what the last ones cost I bought six. And when these come in if available I will buy at least one or probably two more.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Vendor Sponsor

My casting guys are coming through for us! These are newly cast molds he made over the weekend and will be boxed up for shipping this week.

This company is going above and beyond to get tools into our hands...

Good deal, we'll see them sooner then later.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the update!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    So maybe I’ve screwed up, I kept seeing the title of the thread saying it was a feeler and figured that ya’ll were still arguing over design. Anyway, if not too late I’d love to get in for 4.

4 for JimB.. and I’m Jim at calldialog period and the 3 letter abbreviation of commercial.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    So maybe I’ve screwed up, I kept seeing the title of the thread saying it was a feeler and figured that ya’ll were still arguing over design. Anyway, if not too late I’d love to get in for 4.

4 for JimB.. and I’m Jim at calldialog period and the 3 letter abbreviation of commercial.
    Youre fine Jim, i ordered lots of molds, once they arrive i will put out invoices for everyone.

Boolit Buddy
    Awsome, even though I'm on here almost daily, this is the first time I've seen this, I'd like to buy two please, thank you.

ps; Sent PM
    Last edited by tunnug; 11-05-2019 at 10:20 AM.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Master

A Christmas present to myself!

Boolit Grand Master
    I will take 4 of them, if you have extras!!

Vendor Sponsor

Morning guys,

Thamks for posting your interest.
    When molds come in, i will be reaching out to all of you individually.

Vendor Sponsor

My casting guys are taking care of things very well! This pic is of 24 boxes all ready for transfer to me.

Last edited by Lakehouse2012; 11-14-2019 at 11:40 PM.

I’d take 6 if you have additional available.

Thanks,
    SouTexShooter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Μολὼν λάβε

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast