Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
ADvertise hereRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Divorce and suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    "Where in such beliefs is the love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control?"

This is indeed a valid question to pose to followers. I'm not trying to convince you to believe, I'm just sharing why I believe. You are a free agent, as are all of us, peace be with you friend.
    Neither am I seeking to persuade you to abandon your belief. I refer in general to the desire to see a lot more of Christian goodness and a lot less of what I see, quite candidly, a brooding hatred of unbelievers among so many (not you).
    The lion shall lie down with the lamb, but the lamb won't get much sleep.

Much is made of God giving his only begotten son to save the world's sinners. (Please forgive the possible inaccurate words but you get the gist) This is one thing (of many) that puzzles me greatly. Jesus was one part of the Holy Trinity. As part of that holy mystery he was the Son of God, but also God Himself. If that's true then the crucifixion of Jesus was no great sacrifice at all. Jesus knew what was coming. God knew the suffering of every crucified person ever. Jesus knew for certain that he would be resurrected, as did God. In that great scheme of things that was really no big deal for either God or Jesus. Or are we saying that God couldn't cope with Crucifixion? This is a genuine query and I'm not being flippant but there is a clear and obvious contradiction in sentiments here.
    The lion shall lie down with the lamb, but the lamb won't get much sleep.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678