RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Liquid Alox

Boolit Buddy

Liquid Alox

Found a gallon can of Liquid Alox while attempting to clean out an old shed. I opened the can and the stuff is a thick dark brown liquid that smells like grease. The label reads Liquid Alox 606 from the lubrizol Corp. Mix well before using. Does this sound fimiliar to anyone.??

I googled it and found I bought it in a group buy Jan 2007 from Wilgen. From the comments I suspect it is supposed to be the same as LLA. More stuff I don't need.
    Last edited by bishopgrandpa; 05-07-2019 at 04:18 PM. Reason: additional info

Boolit Master
    Dig some out. Mix it 50/50 with mineral spirits and my guess is that you will have something you can use.

Banned

Mineral spirits and a little heat and you have a lot of good bullet lube.

Boolit Master
    A gallon of liquid Alox would likely be all the tumble lube anybody would ever need.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm 45 years old and have just gotten in to casting in the last year. I'm in the collecting and gathering phase of this hobby. I really wish I had a guy like you as a neighbor, someone who was cleaning out sheds and getting rid of stuff. Alox, or in my case White Label Xlox is one of those things that I have had to buy at full price.

That Alox will make a bunch of great 45/45/10 tumble lube. It looks to be very similar to the Alox 606-55HF that White Label sells. https://lsstuff.com/lube/msds.html

If i ran across that at an estate sale and paid 5 bucks for it I would be very happy! I would be on this site crowing about what a great deal I got.

Yard sailing and Estate Yachting is how I have found all of my Johnson's paste wax for making 45/45/10 lube. One can has a little piece of masking tape that has 50 cents hand written on it. I sure love a good deal.

JM