WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you shop for your molds?

Boolit Buddy

Where do you shop for your molds?

Hi Everyone,

Where do you shop for your molds? I often read about molds here that I’d like to try. So far, I’ve only used the aluminum molds from LEE, which I’ve been very happy with. I’m also thoroughly thrilled with LEE’s customer service, as it happens, as I’ve posted several times in the past.

But LEE doesn’t have all of the mold bullet-types and sizes that I read about here and that I’d like to try.

Hence, my question: when you like to shop for a new mold? I’m pretty much speaking of online shopping, here, as few retail outfits in my state carry molds at all.

Thanks,

8mmFan

Boolit Master

http://noebulletmolds.com/, Al makes some really awesome moulds.

http://arsenalmolds.com/, Jared's moulds are solid.

http://accuratemolds.com/, while I do not have any of their moulds yet... They are beautiful!

[ebay] have picked up many good Saeco and Lyman/Ideal moulds over time. Must be careful, many sellers do not know the products at all.
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 05-10-2019 at 11:18 AM. Reason: removed ebay link

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks, Matt! I’ll check those out.

Boolit Master
    Midway......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    my question: when you like to shop for a new mold?
    Same as MattW except Noe's. Add Buffalo Arms Co that has a large inventory of famous designs by Saeco - Paul Jones and Dan Theodore.
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master

Don't for get RIGHT HERE IN GROUP BUYS!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    ^^^^ HERE^^^^

and that Craig guy's list...

There's just something in my DNA that won't let me pay full price for some things while there is a good secondary market...

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I get most of mine from ebay and amazon.

MP-Molds.com I have a few and they work well. I have both brass and aluminum. They do a lot of group buys here through them.

Mostly NOE. ... then the flea market.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Midsouth Shooters Supply also. They carry some of the special run Lee molds like the 8mm Karabiner and some of the soup can designs.

I started with Lee molds and sizers. After a few years I ordered a NOE brass mold that Lee didn't have. That may have been a mistake. Once I got used to the NOE mold it led to additional NOE purchases. I no longer use Lee molds. It's hard to go back once you have sampled the Kool-Aid. You can't find any better support than that provided by Al Nelson from NOE.

Boolit Master
    I started with a iron rcbs and realized id rather have aluminum so bought a bunch of lees, both from midway. after that I been getting molds from accurate since the catalog is so huge and its easy to modify a design. just take a long time to think about how you want the design before buying a nice mold. its easy to realize you wanted a dimension slightly different AFTER trying it

Banner Sponsor

Noe, Accurate, Mountain molds, the Ranch dog designs are really good also.

Boolit Master

How far back do ya wanna go. I bought my 1st New mold from LYMAN, At the Company store in 1974.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

I have molds from just about everybody. I look first to Accurate for something new. Tom does not do a true round nose so other manuf like Lyman, RCBS or Saeco may be better if that is the design you want.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Buddy
    +one for accurate. Great to deal with

What Lee provides are generally a good solid and popular offering. In short they offer what is likely to sell well. NOE and MP molds (group buy forum or directly) I find NOE is good for the odd size or weight or more cavities without going all the way to six of them. More productive in say 4 cavity but at an easier to tolerate weight. MP has first rate quality too. With some nice designs. From what I have heard the MP hollow point system is the easiest to use. NOE I have used pins for hollow base mold and it isn't bad to use at all but people who have done both say MP is easier.

Don't ignore the interesting stuff available in Lyman or RCBS molds. Iron molds often with only 2 or 1 cavity but some really nice designs. Often available at very competitive prices used.

I have a Lee that will produce usable bullets for every caliber I load outside of shotgun. I have other more expensive molds to enhance my options or provide a choice Lee doesn't offer. I find the Lee and the other companies I listed all provide good value. Just at different price points. Good Ford, good Mercury, or good Lincoln. Different price points but all provide good value.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    This is awesome, guys. Thank you! Gives me a lot to look at and look into. Really appreciate all of you giving me some options.

8mmFan

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Go to the vendor section of this forum. If they weren't making good molds, they would have been run off by now! There is no tougher customers than here. ;o)
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast