RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingWideners
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: Alignment pin issue with group buy Lee 6-cavity mold

Boolit Buddy

Alignment pin issue with group buy Lee 6-cavity mold

Howdy folks-

I've run into an issue with my Lee 6-cavity group buy mold. Specifically, both bushings (female side of the alignment pins) have been pushed in. Of course, I found this issue right after casting hundreds of boolits and noticing that they weren't quite right!

Here is a picture of the issue:

How could I secure these female pins into place? I thought about drilling and tapping a hole in the side for a set screw but there doesn't seem to be much "meat" there. I also thought about trying to peen the channel on the back side of the bushing to keep it in place.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? This is a first for me and I've used many, many Lee 6-cavity molds before without having this happen.

Thanks in advance,

Bill
    My "Swappin & Sellin" feedback thread: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=btreanor

Boolit Grand Master

peening may help but how long it will hold in the aluminum is the question. Better might be to double up, push bushings out and stipple lightly then assemble with red or green locktite. You could do a set screw by coming in from the bottom side but not sure how well it would hold and may distort bushing. Last would be to drill a ..060 hole on bushing hole juncture and tap in a piece of .060 wire to pin it

Boolit Master

How old is the mold ? Can you send back to Lee ?
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Buddy
    I'm not sure how old the mold is. I bought it here and was told it was from a group buy.
    My "Swappin & Sellin" feedback thread: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=btreanor

Boolit Master

Could you position the female pin in place and then fill the backside with JB weld?

Boolit Grand Master

Might be better to tap the bushing holes and use a fine thread flat point set screw to block the bushings this would allow for adjustment if needed. Playing of the taper taps tapered end and depth the set screw could be bottomed out in the thread at just the right point.