Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication

Thread: 25 cal pcp

Boolit Buddy

25 cal pcp

Considering a new rifle. Looking at the kral puncher Braker silent. Then an add came today for the pro 500. I would like to hear from anyone who has experience with either. Or info from others. All good and bad I would like to hear.
    Thanks mike

Boolit Mold
    I own a puncher mega marine, no shroud in 25....I like it quite a bit.

I bought it....i guess fall-ish last year, and so far I am pretty happy with it. It is an unregulated gun so you need to really learn it. At 100yards I will get about 10 shots before things start to shift around. Back that up to 50, and I will run 3.5 mags (about 33 shots from memory) before the thing is dropping....back up to 25 and I can run 4 mags easy....this is with the power set to max.

When I was researching mine, many reviews (hard air and such) said that fit and finish was pretty poor....the stock was rough and think of doing some wood work at day 1. I bought stain that I liked before the rifle arrived. Never opened the can. Mine came in with a fantastic stock, everything feels very well made, and the fit is very nice. I think they must have upped their game in the last year or so.

I was looking for a 25-ish rifle that I could adjust the power on for inside building pesting, birds, rats, mice. I use to have animals and they are still in my out buildings. I was using a 2200 Crosman (22 MSP from the 80's) and that is more then enough for birds on just a few pumps, but I have wounded some of the mammals, and even if they are a pest I want good clean ethical kills....so I started looking for something that would fling a bigger hunk of lead, that I could dial down. This will not dial down enough for inside the barn even on the mammals. Birds it is way over kill. It hits very hard even at the lowest setting (in the high 500's on my rifle).

Not sure what use you are going to be looking for, but I am very happy with the quality, hitting power (I would have no worries on bigger mammals, (coons, ground hog) with good shot placement....it hits that hard. Knowing my gun I would take a shot at 100 but only if I was sure on the air left in the gun.......and it is real good looking.

Boolit Buddy
    FPGT72, thanks for sharing your info.

Boolit Buddy
    Sad this did nor generate much activity. Just to follow up I purchased a air force talon ss in .25 just getting acquainted with it. Think I will like it. ������

Congrats on your new Talon. Hope it turns out to be a great shooter for you. I have’nt tried a pcp yet, but I keep being tempted.

Boolit Master

I didn't comment because my only experience in 25 caliber PCP is with a Maurader.
    I think its awesome, with appreciation for the size and weight of the platform.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Buddy
    Guess I have lost it. It is a condor ss not a talon.