Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Ruger "Blackhawk Elite"

Ruger "Blackhawk Elite"

I picked up one of these at a garage sale over the weekend along with a jar of pellets for $40. I've never owned an air rifle, just BB guns when I was a kid, but I've been wanting something that I can use for small pests in the yard that won't make too much racket. Anyway, I have a few questions:

1) What is a reasonable expectation of accuracy? I need to be able to make hits on chipmunks, starlings, grackles, etc.
    2) What is the maximum effective range?
    3) Are there certain types of pellets that are known to be more accurate or effective?

Boolit Master
    That's the same rifle as an umerux sarge. I've taken starlings at excess of 60 yards when the planet's lined up. Crossman 7.9 grain doams from Wal-Mart shoot just fine in them. This was my go to air rifle before i went to the dark side.

Ebner

Quote Originally Posted by ebner glocken View Post
    That's the same rifle as an umerux sarge. I've taken starlings at excess of 60 yards when the planet's lined up. Crossman 7.9 grain doams from Wal-Mart shoot just fine in them. This was my go to air rifle before i went to the dark side.

Ebner
    Thank you for the info!

I shot it at approx. 35yds with the cheap little 4x scope that came on it, and i couldn't get it to group consistently. The pellets are Benjamin hollow point lead, not sure on the weight. I thought maybe i was just too far, but it sounds like I was well within acceptable range. Guess I'll work with it a little more and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Not familiar with that model, but Springer type airguns are hard on scopes, the forward recoil will beat the reticle attachment to pieces. Before you go too far, pick up a basic airgun scope to check it out. Doesnt have to be high dollar, just springer rated.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Quote Originally Posted by jcren View Post
    Not familiar with that model, but Springer type airguns are hard on scopes, the forward recoil will beat the reticle attachment to pieces. Before you go too far, pick up a basic airgun scope to check it out. Doesnt have to be high dollar, just springer rated.
    I read that somewhere, but it wasn't explained. Thank for that info, I'll pick one up instead of ruining a rifle scope.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk