WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Posters and decals?

Posters and decals?

Hello all, may be an odd question but bought a new house and looking for firearm and firearm accessories posters, decals and such for my new “man cave/ reloading room. Anybody have any ideas where to get such items without spending a lot?
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

In the old days the manufacturers would send you that stuff. Always can try eBay.

Boolit Master
    Just staying at home and playing with multi-color boolits.

Shopruger.com has a few metal signs. My wife got me a couple when they were on sale.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Quote Originally Posted by alfloyd View Post
    I love the wildcat/big bore one. It's got a 30mm on there. I'll have my buddy send me some brass and I'll work up a trail boss load.
    MC-130J Driver
    Former T-6A Texan II Driver
    FAIP Mafia
    Hook 'em all

Boolit Master
    Send me your snail mail address & I'll send you a few things.

Boolit Master

kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy
    Came away with about 30 decals from the NRA Exhibits.
    You can always send emails to most companies, and they will respond with some swag.
    Got-R-Did.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    That has the look of the Department of the Army posters the Government Printing Office used to sell, haven't found them for sale recently but they were a great decoration in the days before we knew what a "man cave" was.
    Ed

CW3 USA (Ret)
    VFW Life
    American Legion
    DAV Life
    NRA Benefactor
    TX State Rifle Assn Life
    SAF Life
    NY State Rifle and Pistol Assn Senior Member because I don't have to fight that fight in TX
    JPFO Member
    GOA Member

Boolit Master
    If you have swgraphics on Facebook will be able to help with signs and decals

Moderator Emeritus

This just reminded me I have a couple of ammo posters showing various calibers still packed away. Could look for them online.

Boolit Master

Local reloading shop (10ring) always have free posters/decals/basic manuals for customers to help themselves. Just got me a large Hornady bullet poster, reloading manuals (Hodgdon, Win, VV) & some catalogues (Lyman, Berger). Most are available online but sure is nice to have a paper copy.

In Remembrance

I don`t know of any poster, cartridges or anything else hunting related, that doesn`t look good framed with old grey barn wood.Robert

Boolit Master
    Today my man cave looks like a cave. Couple suggestions though. 105mm spent brass shell casings, 40mm spent brass casings suitably polished up look great sitting on a shelf look great and eye catchers. The Air Force uses both the 105mm and 40mm in their C130 gun ships and they require brass casings not the steel ones used today.Try heavyordnance.com as they sell many shell casings from many countries. The second suggestion is a picture of one of the Iowa,New Jersey, Missouri, and cannot remember the last one of that class of BB's firing their 16" guns.Especially in color. I'm ex navy so kinda partial to big ships. Hope this helps. Frank

Attachment 241620
    You might want to use some older empty gun powder cans for effect!
    Can our government survive the next 4 years?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 45fan View Post
    Hello all, may be an odd question but bought a new house and looking for firearm and firearm accessories posters, decals and such for my new “man cave/ reloading room. Anybody have any ideas where to get such items without spending a lot?
    Hobby Lobby tends to have a few, and they change every once in awhile. I've gotten several S&W and Colt tin signs from them. Best of all, it seems like they're 50% off every other week. If not, you can always use the 40% off coupon they always have posted on their site.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by samari46 View Post
    Today my man cave looks like a cave. Couple suggestions though. 105mm spent brass shell casings, 40mm spent brass casings suitably polished up look great sitting on a shelf look great and eye catchers. The Air Force uses both the 105mm and 40mm in their C130 gun ships and they require brass casings not the steel ones used today.Try heavyordnance.com as they sell many shell casings from many countries. The second suggestion is a picture of one of the Iowa,New Jersey, Missouri, and cannot remember the last one of that class of BB's firing their 16" guns.Especially in color. I'm ex navy so kinda partial to big ships. Hope this helps. Frank
    Excellent suggestion, the photos are readily available on the web. Those photos showing a full broadside and the motion of the 45000 ton ship moving sideways in the water are truly impressive I've always been partial to the New Jersey (B-62) as I toured the ship when she was on her way to the mothball fleet after Korea. Wisconsin (BB-64) is the one you were trying for. The last two of the class (IL and KY) had keels laid down but were discontinued during construction and scrapped.

Artillery casings are a great idea also. Or training rounds if they can be found at a reasonable price. Many years ago I acquired a 90mm Tank inert round, a truly impressive decoration (steel case and solid projo).
    Ed

CW3 USA (Ret)
    VFW Life
    American Legion
    DAV Life
    NRA Benefactor
    TX State Rifle Assn Life
    SAF Life
    NY State Rifle and Pistol Assn Senior Member because I don't have to fight that fight in TX
    JPFO Member
    GOA Member

Boolit Master
    Ed,when I was in the Philadelphia naval base the New Jersey was in dry dock getting refurbed for service in the vietnam war. This was back in sept '67.We were allowed only on the main deck as too much of the interior had been taken down for work.One has to actually see those massive 3 barreled turrets up front and personal to really get the feel of just how massive they are. We were being processed and waiting for our separation papers at the time. One officer asked if anyone had served on steam powered ships. Most of us had and he asked if anyone would consider reenlisting to serve on the New Jersey. No one volunteered. Thanks for jogging the brain cells regarding the USS Wisconsin. never could remember the 4th ship in that class. Frank