RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxLee Precision
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: brass for 35 REMINGTON

Boolit Master
    pworley1, got it thanks for the come back. wrote it down. seems like a lot of you guys have been there? we all don't jump up and go out and buy brass? if the brass we need is not to be had, they will be asking what i am, what can i make it out of?

Boolit Master
    EVR, i find it is easier to make 6.5x55 JAP out of 220 SWIFT, witch i will never get be cause i have a REMINGTON MOD. 700-BDL. that does the same thing and doesn't burn the barrel out. if i loose a few in the process so what, they were given to me by a site member that was going to scrap them.

Boolit Master
    WRideout, thanks. I will be in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by toot View Post
    EVR, i find it is easier to make 6.5x55 JAP out of 220 SWIFT, witch i will never get be cause i have a REMINGTON MOD. 700-BDL. that does the same thing and doesn't burn the barrel out. if i loose a few in the process so what, they were given to me by a site member that was going to scrap them.
    I've read of that.

I think it's called the Intelligent Option.

Not having that option available to me, I went with 8x57!

I did have a lot of 8x57 laying around, in my defense.

Boolit Master
    Graf is now running a sale on 35 remington brass
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master
    why does everybody mention, 35 REMINGTON brass is on sale here and there? isn't the name of this site-case forming/re forming? that's what a lot of us guys like to do. make do with what we have at hand. heck buying it ain't no fun and it costs.

Boolit Master
    I do a lot of case forming. I like it . it enables me to purchase rifles and a challenge. There are many times that it is impractical and a wast of time. to me 35 rem is a waste of my time. Other don't think so.
    No one is saying not to do it.
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Buddy
    Here are a couple of links of threads started by former member GRUMPA on 308 to 35 Rem conversion.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...em-done-my-way

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Brass-Question

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Sorry i didn't mean to imply you were dumb. Just never considered anyone would want to form brass that was readily available. But to each his own.

Boolit Master
    sadly- GRUMPA passed from this earth. he will be and is sadly missed by so many. i corresponded with him many times over the years, and asked him one time how to make 7.5 M/M, ITALIAN cases out of what, what do i use for the base brass. he came back and said don't bother because i am sending you a package of 100 7.5M/M brass cases. RIP, GRUMPA.

Boolit Master
    I like making brass for rounds that are hard to find, expensive or impossible to get. I have made 7.62x25 from 38spl before it was easy to get. I made 30 Rem from 30/30 before I found a bunch of 30 Rem cheap. I have made 22 mag center fire from 5.7x28. This one is not easy and not worth the effort to me but it is possible. I don't make brass for things I can get easily and cheap as it isn't worth the effort to me. Sometimes I make things just to see if I can and that is reward enough. The things we choose to do don't have to make sense to anyone but ourselves. If I needed 35 Rem I would buy it new or trade for fired brass but as I have plenty I have no interest in making it.

Boolit Master
    You might try swaging a 7.62 case to .35 Rem before you think it is a good alternative.
    You can like it all you want until you find it does not work as well as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by toot View Post
    why does everybody mention, 35 REMINGTON brass is on sale here and there? isn't the name of this site-case forming/re forming? that's what a lot of us guys like to do. make do with what we have at hand. heck buying it ain't no fun and it costs.
    EDG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12