Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sunday morning colesteral bomb

Banned

sunday morning colesteral bomb

took a rectangular glass cooking pan sprayed with pam and rolled out a roll of crescent rolls for the bottom. then a lb of bacon (last one from the hog we bought last year) a lb of fresh sausage the wife and I made yesterday on the bottom. A layer of cheddar cheese and a dozen scrambled eggs about half cooked and topped with another roll of crescent. baked till it dough was nice and brown then topped it with some sausage gravy I made yesterday from the sausage. Doesn't get much better then that. Only thing missing is I usually put a layer of hash browns in it too but I didn't have any and didn't feel like chopping up potatoes at 5 inch morning. Going to be eating some eggs this month. My wife buys those 4 dozen egg boxes and bought one Friday and came home to find out theres still 3 dozen in the fridge. Well 2 doz now. Looks like im going to have to one of those 10lb boxes of store bacon. Bacons all gone and we still have plenty of other pork so it doesn't make sense to buy another pig. Someone needs to breed all bacon hogs. Even half bacon and the rest scraps for sausage making.

Moderator Emeritus

Lloyd...sounds delicious and I plan on trying it out.....thanks! Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

Mom used to make a breakfast casserole similar to this. Love it.

Wow. I just ate and you made me hungry again.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

in Remebrance
    Gonna make me some. Probably take my mind off that gosh-awful pain I've been having in my chest. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Master

Coulda coated the bottom of the pan in butter!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

What? No photos to drive us crazy (crazier)?

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Moderator Emeritus

Sounds about as healthy as one of my omelets... don't make this and tell your doctor! Bacon white cheddar, broccoli, onion... the broccoli makes it healthy LOL works well with kale and spinach too!

You forgot the jalapenos and flaming hot salsa!
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master
    Needs green chiles.
    I'd eat it in a heart beat.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Buddy
    We make something like this, but the twist is sausage gravy, good addition there, will have to try that.

Banned

wouldn't it be unhealthy then
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    Coulda coated the bottom of the pan in butter!

Banned

I put sauage gravy on omelets too. Heck Id probably eat a 2x4 if it had sausage gravy on it. Theres allways containers of frozen sausage gravy in my freezer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wis Tom View Post
    We make something like this, but the twist is sausage gravy, good addition there, will have to try that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Sounds about as healthy as one of my omelets... don't make this and tell your doctor! Bacon white cheddar, broccoli, onion... the broccoli makes it healthy LOL works well with kale and spinach too!

looks good mary but the only veggys I allow in an omelet are onions and mushrooms. betcha that white cheddar does real well for breakfast. I don't think ive ever tried it on an egg dish.

Boolit Master

let the statins work

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    took a rectangular glass cooking pan sprayed with pam and rolled out a roll of crescent rolls for the bottom. then a lb of bacon (last one from the hog we bought last year) a lb of fresh sausage the wife and I made yesterday on the bottom. A layer of cheddar cheese and a dozen scrambled eggs about half cooked and topped with another roll of crescent. baked till it dough was nice and brown then topped it with some sausage gravy I made yesterday from the sausage. Doesn't get much better then that. Only thing missing is I usually put a layer of hash browns in it too but I didn't have any and didn't feel like chopping up potatoes at 5 inch morning. Going to be eating some eggs this month. My wife buys those 4 dozen egg boxes and bought one Friday and came home to find out theres still 3 dozen in the fridge. Well 2 doz now. Looks like im going to have to one of those 10lb boxes of store bacon. Bacons all gone and we still have plenty of other pork so it doesn't make sense to buy another pig. Someone needs to breed all bacon hogs. Even half bacon and the rest scraps for sausage making.
    You can make bacon out of the whole hog, regular bacon out of the [middlings] sides and belly, Canadian bacon from the tender lions and pork lions, and chuck wagon bacon from the shoulders and hams. Simple process, have to debone the shoulders and hams. Several you tube "how to". The middlings [the part between the shoulder and hams] are what southern people call them. Some of the old timers when asked how they were, would refer to being middling as to how they were felling. Was up to Union Pier, Mi. for a short vacation a couple of weeks ago, and over at Three Oaks they were having a hog roast festival on the day we were coming home, would really liked to went to the festival but had to return home. Nice area and friendly people there.

Moderator Emeritus

looks good mary but the only veggys I allow in an omelet are onions and mushrooms. betcha that white cheddar does real well for breakfast. I don't think ive ever tried it on an egg dish.
    Great stuff on eggs, I even put it on scrambled eggs and zap it under the broiler to melt it down...

I had to go get two Tums from just reading it!
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Banned
    With all those goodies you may not have a BM for 2 or 3 days.

Boolit Master

Sounds allot like my deer camp cooking. My buddy make jokes about me cooking with bacon extract. Could it be cause my local butcher shop cuts my bacon for me 3/8" thick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast