MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: Bumpo's Calculator

Boolit Bub

Bumpo's Calculator

How do you enter % in the Custom Alloy section? I can not get any numbers in the yellow boxes.

Moderator Emeritus

Click the box you want to make the entry in, then up on top in the white line enter the percentage... hit enter to enter it.

Boolit Bub
    I'm not getting it.
    What I want to do is alloy some pure lead with linotype and can not get any % or lbs to enter. I'm missing something.

Boolit Master

I don't know if this is the same calculator that you are using. If not, here's another one.

http://www.sebagosales.com/yahoo%20f...Calculator.xls

Click OPEN or SAVE when the drop down menu appears.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MR CHEN View Post
    I'm not getting it.
    What I want to do is alloy some pure lead with linotype and can not get any % or lbs to enter. I'm missing something.
    Are you using a tablet?

Boolit Bub
    "I don't know if this is the same calculator that you are using. If not, here's another one.

http://www.sebagosales.com/yahoo%20f...Calculator.xls

Click OPEN or SAVE when the drop down menu appears".

Same thing as the others. I can not get inputs entered in the boxes. What am I missing?

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Pardini View Post
    Are you using a tablet?
    No. Laptop.

Boolit Master

Highlight the cells you want to appear as percentages. Right click then click "format cells". Click on "number" tab and select "percentage" from the list. Make sure that your initial data is entered with a decimal in front before-hand.
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselhorses View Post
    Highlight the cells you want to appear as percentages. Right click then click "format cells". Click on "number" tab and select "percentage" from the list. Make sure that your initial data is entered with a decimal in front before-hand.
    Thanks for that, I'm seeing some progress now, but...……. After I format the cell, click on the number tab, select percentage, I still have not been able to add any data. How do I do that?

Boolit Master

MR CHEN - in spreadsheet format here are three ways:

1.) Put your cursor over the cell and type in the new number.
    2.) Tag a cell with your cursor (single click) then put your cursor in and change the data in the INPUT LINE of the menu bar.
    3.) Put your cursor on and DOUBLE CLICK on the cell in which you wish to add or change data.

If none of the above work, then there is something amiss with your spreadsheet - like possibly being LOCKED, which prevents ANY change in the data.

In the spreadsheet to which I linked, only the BLUE boxes should be modified - as INPUT (although nearly all of the data in the linked spreadsheet is "live" and the cells can be changed). Formulas should not be changed, unless you know a better one - then tell us all. My research indicated the BHN calculator does not provide correct results, so I would not rely on it.

Does this help? If not, and you continue to have difficulty, PM me with your email address and we will go back channel to exchange information, spreadsheets, e-addresses, etc., to try to figure this out.

I no longer use MS Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Access/OneNote/Outlook) as its work-at-home offspring, Office 365, demands pay-to-play. In retirement that isn't ever going to happen. I downloaded and use LibreOffice, for free, and it works as easy as MS OFFICE and so far has been compatible with ALL of my old Office files - some in Excel that are HUGE.
    Last edited by Land Owner; 05-07-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Boolit Master
    It sounds like these guys covered all the suggestions I was going to add, but let me know if you still can't get it to work. You could also download a new copy and try modifying one of the numbers from the sample calculation that it is saved with.
    Ronald Reagan once said that the most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
    Download my alloy calculator here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=105952

Moderator Emeritus

When you click the yellow box it allows entry on this line above where if says fx...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lead calc.jpg  

Boolit Master

A picture is worth a thousand words and that MaryB is what I wrote in item #2 (INPUT LINE of menu bar) of post #10. Thank you for the visual.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    When you click the yellow box it allows entry on this line above where if says fx...

Thank you MaryB for the screen shot.
    I now think my problem is that in order to open the XLS file, I needed an app, so I got a free one, and it worked. But all it does is open the file. It does not let me work in the file like your screen shot shows.

I'm getting closer.

Boolit Buddy
    I use OpenOffice. It is freeware and works very well.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk