Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Norma 200 in 7.7x58 Japanese?

Boolit Buddy

Norma 200 in 7.7x58 Japanese?

So hopefully you guys can help me out. Right now Norma 200 is $17.97 per pound at Sportsman‘s Warehouse. That’s a good deal. I would like to buy some at this price, but I can’t find any load data for this powder in 7.7 x 58 for my Arisaka. I know that you can use 2400 which is a similar fast rifle powder to good effect in cast loads. Has anyone used this powder with cast loads in this, or similar calibers i.e. .303, 30-40 Krag?
    JM

Boolit Man
    Hi JM7.7x58
    Don´t know if this helps but this is what i found in NORMAS manual for handloading

Math

Boolit Buddy
    Math,

Thank you for your reply. I love the photos. I'm going to print them out and add them to my reloading log book. Very exotic! Swedish Reloading Data, about an obsolete Japanese, rimless copy of the British .303. Very exotic indeed.
    I'm giving up on the N200. I spent a lot of time doing my research this weekend. N200 works in .308 with lighter J-word bullets. The case capacities of the two are similiar (.308 is slightly smaller). Light and cheap J-word bullets for the 7.62X39 could be made to work, I believe. That was not the route that I wanted to go.
    I asked myself a bunch of questions. Can it be used in cast loads with a much lower charge weight? Is it position sensitive? Is it worth all the fuss just to save a few dollars? The answer to most of these is I don't know.
    There are other powders that work well for cast loads that I know are going to be safe and have a proven track record. They just cost more. It sure is hard to pass up a good deal.

JM

Boolit Man
    Glad you liked it
    I know how hard it is to pass up on a good deal ! I have had some really good loads worked up with "exotic" powders only to see then no longer imported so now i try to use localy produced powders.
    Good luck with your loading
    Math