Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CLOSED : N.O.E. TL310-178-RF (Ranchdog)(308, 30-06, 30-30, 300 BO Boolit)

Boolit Buddy
    wow, a "fire sale" (buy?)

I'll take one.

vfluckey at midco dot net - HP - .311 - 4 Cavity PB - Aluminum
    Last edited by thraxx; 05-09-2019 at 09:21 AM.

I'm A Honcho!
    [QUOTE=weeple2000;4641110]andrew dot lueck at gmail dot com
    HP - .311 - 4 Cavity GC-Aluminum
    with all the pins
    I will be casting these with range lead.[/QUOTE]

Sir...All of my microgroove molds need to be run extremely hot or need a little tin for perfect fillout. I don't cull...but I have a tin flower pot looking thing with a cutout that I tent my mold with over a hotplate for the entire time that the lead is melting. I rather start with a mold that's too hot than just a little "not hot enough". I can run th3e entire set up cooler when I have a good alloy. To say it how my mind process it. Aint no way to know whats in range lead. So either go hot or add some tin.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

ACTIVE: N.O.E. TL310-178-RF (Ranchdog)(308, 30-06, 30-30, 300 BO Boolit)

jlcopeland at outlook dot com

HP - .309 - 2 Cav Aluminum GC- all pins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejay75 View Post
    andrew dot lueck at gmail dot com
    HP - .311 - 4 Cavity GC-Aluminum
    with all the pins
    I will be casting these with range lead.

Sir...All of my microgroove molds need to be run extremely hot or need a little tin for perfect fillout. I don't cull...but I have a tin flower pot looking thing with a cutout that I tent my mold with over a hotplate for the entire time that the lead is melting. I rather start with a mold that's too hot than just a little "not hot enough". I can run th3e entire set up cooler when I have a good alloy. To say it how my mind process it. Aint no way to know whats in range lead. So either go hot or add some tin.
    Thanks for the tip. A quick question. Just want to make sure I have the diameter right. I haven't had to specify it yet as I haven't purchased a new mold from one of the reputable manufacturers yet.

I slugged my bore. I wound up with 2 measurements on the slug - .3085 and .3055 with the mic. I have a Lee sizing die that sizes to .3105. I understand that this should be OK. I have had decent results with the Lee c309-200r after sizing to this measurement. I tumble lubed these.

I am interested in trying both TL and PC for the ranch dog mold. Am I correct in asking for .311? I figure I will need to size regardless to get my

Thanks for your help!

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by weeple2000 View Post
    Thanks for the tip. A quick question. Just want to make sure I have the diameter right. I haven't had to specify it yet as I haven't purchased a new mold from one of the reputable manufacturers yet.

I slugged my bore. I wound up with 2 measurements on the slug - .3085 and .3055 with the mic. I have a Lee sizing die that sizes to .3105. I understand that this should be OK. I have had decent results with the Lee c309-200r after sizing to this measurement. I tumble lubed these.

I am interested in trying both TL and PC for the ranch dog mold. Am I correct in asking for .311? I figure I will need to size regardless to get my

Thanks for your help!
    I have two of this mold. Got two for production sake. Both are the standard 310 and there are less than .3 grain variance in all 9 cavities. They powder coat to 311 and I size back to .309 and some change with a Lee sizer. Im trying .309 this time to see if I can get away without sizing.

.310 should serve you well.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.

Boolit Buddy
    I have two of this mold. Got two for production sake. Both are the standard 310 and there are less than .3 grain variance in all 9 cavities. They powder coat to 311 and I size back to .309 and some change with a Lee sizer. Im trying .309 this time to see if I can get away without sizing.

.310 should serve you well.
    I didn't catch that but my message was clipped. I tried to say - I figure I will need to size even the TL bullets to get the GC on there. So is .310 still good to go then? I thought I read that NOE molds usually drop about .001 larger, so I suspect that .310 is actually correct. That way there will still be some friction going through the sizing die from .311 to .3105. I'll update my post requesting the mold then.

Appreciate the help.

Boolit Buddy
    I would like to change my order. Could you make it a 4 cavity, 2 cavity PB, 2 cavity gas check. Thanks Greg
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian" Henry Ford

Boolit Man
    I would like a 2 cavity,brass, 1 pb, 1 gc, with all pins. .310 dia Tom. lacresta at hotmail dot com
    Last edited by trmungle; 05-10-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Can I get a 5 cavity solid brass PB @ 310?

rocpyro at gmail

Boolit Master

That would be a REAL heavy mold!!
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    Regarding TL in the mold title/name.....does TL stand for tumble lube? If not, what does it mean? Im still lubing mine the conventional way, with a Lyman 4500.
    Can this bullet be lubed the conventional way?
    "In GOD We Trust"

I'm A Honcho!
    TL is for tumble lube. I shoot it powdercoated. I’m sure you could lube it with 2500 or similar lube but from what I read the tests were done on alox dipped boolits. And we’re tested to the maximum pressure the boolit itself could stand.

Boolit Man
    Been wantin one of these.

dbltapn308 at hotmail dot com Solid- .311 4-cavity GC Aluminum
    Rays

Boolit Buddy
    I want to bump my size back to .310

#9 on the HP list (vfluckey)

Boolit Master

Sent you a PM Bluejay. I found a error I made.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I'm A Honcho!
    All fixed up Gents

I'm A Honcho!
    This buy is now closed. I'm sending it over to NOE to get in the queue to run. Will continue to take orders up until the day that he provides discount code.

This buy is now closed. I'm sending it over to NOE to get in the queue to run. Will continue to take orders up until the day that he provides discount code.
    Is it too late to change mine to .310? #5 and also my on my email you left off the J at the beginning. jlcopeland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

alamogunrATcharterDOTnet-SOLID .311- 4 Cavity PB-Aluminum

Almost missed this one.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    efhaertel at embarqmail dot com

Solid .310 four cavity aluminum

Missed it while I was sitting at the Appraisal District office protesting a 152% increase. C'est la vie
    Guess not: Will continue to take orders up until the day that he provides discount code. And the district came off the appraisal some too.
    Ed

CW3 USA (Ret)
    VFW Life
    American Legion
    DAV Life
    NRA Benefactor
    TX State Rifle Assn Life
    SAF Life
    NY State Rifle and Pistol Assn Senior Member because I don't have to fight that fight in TX
    JPFO Member
    GOA Member

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast